96-98 Coyote swap

qwikstang4me

Reaction score
Has anyone here coyote swapped a 96-98 GT? Looking into swapping my 2v. Any tips or potential pit falls would be great. Also interested in using my stock gauges with the swap, if you know anything about that, please respond.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge we don't current have any active members who have completed the swap. There are a few members that are in the beginning stages of the swap.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure we have a member here with a coyote swapped fox. But if I remember correctly, he had a shop do the swap, so he may not have the details you are seeking. Keep us posted, for sure.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Gotta get the fox swap headers and hope they fit. ....? Stock coyote headers wont

Magic

Reaction score
Theres a few guys over on SVTP who have done, and are in the middle doing a Coyote swap into their 96-98 Cobras. Have a look through the SN95 Cobras section on SVTP.

OP
OP
Q

qwikstang4me

Reaction score
Not a fan of SVTP community.

Well, I have a bunch of money in the bank and I am just about ready to do this thing.

Anyone here need a set of 2v long tubes with an off road X-pipe?

i'm pretty sure I am going to buy an NA Alluminator just in case I want to boost it later.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Ahhh the Coyote swap. This is something I've been thinking about doing for awhile, and once the cobra is finished I might just do it.

Your main question right now is the electronics, well in order to make the Coyote work in our cars you have to buy the Coyote engine control pack, which is going to run you $1500 right off the rip. It comes with an ecu, wire harness, intake setup (which you can use or ditch for aftermarket), and pedal assembly. This swap can be done... Somewhat, affordably if you know what to look for. If money isn't an issue then just buy the crate engine and be done with it.

K member I believe needs modifications or swapped.. It's been so long since I've researched this subject

As far as headers go, they sell Coyote swap headers, you'll have to buy those or make your own.

Battery will need to be relocated into the trunk, I believe fuse box needs relocated as well

It's very very involved. If you don't feel comfortable doing a ton of work, hit up a reputable shop that can do all the work. Any other questions just ask, I'll dig up some threads I read a long time ago and brush up on my knowledge

OP
OP
Q

qwikstang4me

Reaction score
Ahhh the Coyote swap. This is something I've been thinking about doing for awhile, and once the cobra is finished I might just do it.

Your main question right now is the electronics, well in order to make the Coyote work in our cars you have to buy the Coyote engine control pack, which is going to run you $1500 right off the rip. It comes with an ecu, wire harness, intake setup (which you can use or ditch for aftermarket), and pedal assembly. This swap can be done... Somewhat, affordably if you know what to look for. If money isn't an issue then just buy the crate engine and be done with it.

K member I believe needs modifications or swapped.. It's been so long since I've researched this subject

As far as headers go, they sell Coyote swap headers, you'll have to buy those or make your own.

Battery will need to be relocated into the trunk, I believe fuse box needs relocated as well

It's very very involved. If you don't feel comfortable doing a ton of work, hit up a reputable shop that can do all the work. Any other questions just ask, I'll dig up some threads I read a long time ago and brush up on my knowledge

I already have a k-member in the car so that is ready to go.

I've got a clutch and flywheel.

Exhaust, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, engine and controls pack are what's on the list.

Definitely going ARH long tubes but I need to sell my 2v ARH long tubes first.

I'll use my T45 for now and have a 3650 for a back up. (also willing to sell the 3650)

I'm trying to beg borrow and steal my way into an alluminator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online