96 cobra engine noise WITH VIDEO

danielson631

Reaction score
i posted a similair post to this a while ago but that thread seem to have died off i wanted to make a fresh new one, hope thats not a problem.

the noise wasnt always so loud , i guess its getting louder as time goes by. it sounds like its coming from the passanger head. i heard this is a very common problem with these cars. does anyone have any idea what this could be? its such an unpleasant noise. i can only hear it during idle. car has 123,000 miles. any input is greatly appreciated as always thanks.

YouTube
- Broadcast Yourself.

loneshark

Reaction score
you have the same noise i have, but in the other bank. Im guessing a bad roller rocker. or lash adjuster. or at worse a broken valve stem.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
over at svt performance i put the same post and it didnt get much hits either. two people said it sounds too loud to be a lash adjuster. so im guessing its a rod bearing?? i havent heard much input on this anywhere

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Some people on Stangnet say that this sound is probably a lash adjuster...

Check out the SVT sectiothere, you might find a few answers.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Its definatly NOT a broken valve. It doesnt really sound like rod knock, but kind of hard to tell. Very well could be a collasped hydraulic lash adjuster. Better take the head off and see what you find. Better yet have a local ford garage or performance shop take a look and see what they can do to diagnose it exactly.

ThePope

Reaction score
You should take your Cobra over to Mustang Magic in Deer Park. Excellent group of people over there. They know their stuff.

OP
OP
D

danielson631

Reaction score
yeah guys i think im going to just take off the valve cover and have a look.

lmfao @ thepopes signature.. female abuse is not cool but that is pretty funny. i didnt even know that other guy got punched at the same time haha . jersery shore makes me laugh my ass off i love that show . fist bumpin like champs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible