97 GT front suspension

the dude

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what happened to my front suspension and what I can do to get it back to safe operation. Pics are of how it currently is set up (from previous owner). Handling is downright scary. Anyone know what is happening here, and what parts I am missing from a stock setup? Control arm doesnt look bad. Also, what years from a stock gt would fit my 97, assuming 94-2004 but I want to make sure.

View from inside wheel well looking up:
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1.../AF1QipODcb5Est0T-dRQdvr9vlRJxHVhJvq1llPvLXBu

View from engine bay:
https://photos.google.com/album/AF1.../AF1QipOsEklSMIvNB5Wh1-XUi8ZSYht122VyvAznk2ih

Driving down the road, at any point if you do not have your hand on the wheel, car can dart left or right. I have replaced steering linkage, tie rods, ball joints, wheels, etc - nothing changed.

Thanks everyone for thier input. Not too familiar yet with these suspensions, looking for input.
The dude

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Can't open the photos but if it's jumping all over the road you need an alignment. I replaced outer tie rods on my truck and thought I had it lined up the same but was off a few threads. The way the wheels were facing different directions at the same time made it jump all over the place and created the most terrifying drive to the alignment shop.

Just my experience and hope it helps, hope you find the culprit!

Reaction score
I second the alignment part. And since we cant see photos it makes it a bit harder to pinpoint your issue, but i would say get a set of adjustable bumpsteers and cc plates and then take the car to get an alignment

OP
OP
T

the dude

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, hopefully these can upload now.
I tried an alignment, no change whatsoever. From the inside, it just feels like its missing parts for upper shock mount, you guys agree? If so, what year GT parts would fit my front suspension?

20180419_150748_zps3yz2vktg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180419_150558_zps4at8z2nf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, hopefully these can upload now.
I tried an alignment, no change whatsoever. From the inside, it just feels like its missing parts for upper shock mount, you guys agree? If so, what year GT parts would fit my front suspension?

20180419_150748_zps3yz2vktg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20180419_150558_zps4at8z2nf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You can’t use photobucket anymore unless you paid $400.

Download Tapatalk and load the pics straight from your device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
As evilcw311 mentioned, we can't see the photo bucket photos because that site stuck it to everyone. I second his recommendation of using tapatalk. Did the shop you had an alignment done at mention anything that needed replaced? Any time I've had an alignment they will tell me if something needs replaced because they can't align it properly.

Have your wheels and tires been balanced lately?

OP
OP
T

the dude

Reaction score
any non mobile device photo hosting sites recommended? I suck at phone stuff, and all my pics are on my computer.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
when searching for an exploded view for mustang sn95, found this. looks right, but is not labelled as to what car.

0900c15280069820.gif

laramik

Reaction score
Had sway bar end links broken and had completely fallen off of an s10 I used to own. Didn't even notice they were missing because they had literally fallen off the sway bar and weren't there anymore at all. This caused the exact same symptoms you described.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk