98 BAB GT - The Moosetang

Jules98GT

Reaction score
Where WHERE did you find those valve covers!? I've been searching everywhere.

Obviously searching terribly since I can't find them but searching non the less! HAHA

Your project is awesome! Can't wait to see more!

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
Lots of guys run Cobra front bumper/hood (myself included). Just don't try to pass it off as a Cobra with badges.
Does it help if the Cobra logo in the grille is facing backwards? Couldn't help it, the Snake was cheaper than the horse!

Where WHERE did you find those valve covers!? I've been searching everywhere.

Obviously searching terribly since I can't find them but searching non the less! HAHA

Your project is awesome! Can't wait to see more!

Got them from eBay - same seller had the matching Upper Plenum and the rear diff cover. Wanted the black covers and upper plenum, but could only find the upper in grey at that time. Seems like most people have the black colored covers and upper plenum anyways, so I'm ok with the grey. Would love to get my hands on a matching Track Heat manifold - but that would be later after a head and cam swap - IF I ever decide to venture down that road.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to admit deep down that it is a little bit fun to see the cobra guys all worked up and I am a little disappointed I never got any crap about my cobra intake from one of them.

joemomma

Reaction score
Great score man. Factory certainly fits better than my fiberglass aftermarket.

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
Thank you! I was surprised when he flipped it over to have all the factory stickers and such underneath. Didn't realize this was a real Cobra hood until getting there. Crazy the weight difference too over the stock GT steelie.

Had a chance to swap out those driving lights today:

52004494726_b96ea029b0_c.jpg

52004558193_01d6611302_c.jpg

NEURON

Reaction score
That is beautiful! I did find a Cobra hood local, but can't really decide whether to go for that or not. Feel bad enough already sneaking a Snake in the grille. Can't imagine the poser hate flying in if I did a hood swap. But it's already painted BAB and looks to be in very good shape.
I really like that hood, who cares what they think, it would look righteous!

joemomma

Reaction score
The Cobra hood looks great on there. My favorite part is the view from the driver's seat. They look so sexy.

100%. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked mine up from paint. I was like "holy shit, that's a badass view".

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
100%. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked mine up from paint. I was like "holy shit, that's a badass view".

No doubt, those three, "humps" looked awesome for the whole 7 minutes I got to drive her Saturday. Was headed to an event at the Mustang Owner's Museum in town and she decided to act out.

Started missing/stuttering real bad, from idle through the entire RPM range. Well, until you put your foot in it. She'd hesitate, then accelerate faster than even before. Made no sense at all. It sounded awful, so I just went back home. Still wondering if the fuel pump is going out and not keeping enough pressure in the system, because of being hard to start most times. Or the coils possibly? Thinking I'll start there, since they're both original parts. Fuel pump assembly needs swapped anyways, because the fuel gauge tends to stick randomly. I assume that whole module is gummed up from 24 years of old gas. And the coils, well. They're cheap enough, might as well upgrade those too.

And the transmission is STILL leaking. Bought a pan gasket when I picked up those O-rings for the dipstick tube - looks like it might be time to pull the pan and take a look.

joemomma

Reaction score
Check your fuel filter as well. It's easy enough to replace, and not expensive.

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
Check your fuel filter as well. It's easy enough to replace, and not expensive.

Fuel filter, check - replaced it with a K&N while the axle was out and it was easy access to that location.

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
Dang, just got home from about an hour of cruising around.

Friend at work said to pull the vacuum hose off the fuel pressure regulator, see if fuel is leaking through there, which would tell whether the regulator was bad. I did that, no fuel thankfully, but cranked the car to see if maybe having pressure from the pump would push any out. Nope, and there was gobs of vacuum. So that's good. But it was pushing the vacuum line back on when I noticed one of the injector plugs right there had come loose. Pushed it back on, and she idled so smooth and perfect like before. Geez, I feel like a dummy, but am grateful for being an easy fix.

So she's back in running/driving shape for now. Woo hoo!

OP
OP
chithead

chithead

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you! My wife and son aren't a fan of the Cobra snake for some reason. They ask me all the time when I'll get another horse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online