98 Cobra clatter on cold start

ademily87

Reaction score
I paid $7000 for my 98 cobra in 2009 with 88k miles haha

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ademily87

Reaction score
Ill do that on the way home from work in the morning. I guess the good thing is that im not going to do any big mods to this motor. Just a few bolt ons. Im going to start building a 5.0 Stroker when the finances look a little better.

Lemme know if you hear anything. If not try 3rd gear and do it the exact same way. If still nothing you should be ok. Hope the best for you but if not you need to find it now. My cobra started tapping and the SAME DAY it started I tore it down and found 3 bent rods and a pretty chewed up crank. Just a heads up.

I hope for the best, but always think realistically. Keep us posted.
:beer:

OP
OP
VooDoo95Cobra

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
Im going to try to make a vid right now. ill place the camera in the engine compartment. hopefully it works. ill only have one shot at it, as it seems to not make the sound once i get oil in the heads. stay tuned.

OP
OP
VooDoo95Cobra

VooDoo95Cobra

Reaction score
there is your vid just click on the link it will open in a new window. as for my trip home this morning i tried the light acceleration in second sbd third on a cold motor and i didnt get any abnormal soundsi am going to do an oil change soon and nake sure the right kind of oil is in it andthe proper amount. im going with Mobil 1 10W30 @7qts. im thinking maybe the oil was changed last with too thin of oil and its completly draining outof the heads while the car sits over night. im going to have my wife startthe car this eveng while i have my head stuck under the hood too see if the noise is coming from the valvetrain or the bottomend.

ademily87

Reaction score
Really.... I posted up a vid and did the test you guys wanted me to do and no responses... Whats up guys?

Slow down turbo.

I work 2- midnight I can't view the video from my phone.

Get your panties out of a bunch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online