98 cobra t-45 questions

slo1

Reaction score
Hello guys im new to the t-45 trans but I hear alot of horror stories.Im looking at buying an 87 coupe
with a 98 4.6 32v cobra swap the guy told me the 4th gear shift fork is bent he has been driving it not using 4th
how much would it run me to have this fixed keep in mind it wont get a lot of track time itll be my daily driver. Also will a t-5
bolt up to this motor and set up I have a wc t-5 in my garage was for my 95 but if itll mount in place of the t-45
thats where it will go if I get the car

KWClutch

Reaction score
T-45's are cheap. Just buy another one and put it in. As long as you're keeping it under 400hp and don't shift like a tard you'll be fine.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think the t-5 will bolt up to the 4.6.

If you decide to sell the t-5 let me know first. Mine is dieing

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
t5 will bolt up but you need a bell housing, OR you can find an early mark viii block which has that bolt pattern already in it.... nifty, but it was early early vic's or mark's .....

as far as the t-45, it will be finej ust go get the part stuff it in there and youll be alright, or you can get a built one from liberty's or my favorite pro motion, AWESOME AWESOME sales/service staff over ther top notch!!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it's broke, I'd just put another one in, you can find them all day for like 2-300 bucks.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
If it's broke, I'd just put another one in, you can find them all day for like 2-300 bucks.

Ill take 2 extra for this year... FYI 4v (cobra) t-45's are different then gt's because of electrical/manual pick ups, i believe you can swap the tail shaft housings and be ok.

OP
OP
S

slo1

Reaction score
I talked to a friend today he said he can get it rebuilt for around 300 he said he has a buddy that builds them. The coupe I'm looking at us the white one on svt forums its also on Atlanta cl he wants 5500 for it seems fair but it needs paint and the interior isn't that great so I'm undecided

OP
OP
S

slo1

Reaction score
Hey desert if I get rid of that t5 ill let you know first man

BMOREstang

Reaction score
venmuss said:
pmot said:
A t-56 with 3.73 would be sweet.

x2
I crave a t56.
x3 lol
I am not really a big fan of the T45, if you are around stock power levels they will cut it, but thats about it. The shift forks are weak and there are not that many parts for them. However like everybody else has already said they are very cheap which is a plus. I am probably going to try and get mine rebuilt/beefed up by somebody this summer. Any suggestions by who is welcome lol..

KWClutch

Reaction score
You can find used t-56's for about 1k too. I bought mine 1200 shipped with 56k miles, bell housing, CenterforceDFX clutch, tri-ax and harness.

BMOREstang

Reaction score
KWClutch said:
You can find used t-56's for about 1k too. I bought mine 1200 shipped with 56k miles, bell housing, CenterforceDFX clutch, tri-ax and harness.
True thats a pretty good deal, not to mention when that thing goes up you have tons of options as far as upgrades go and places to work on it. The other day I got a quote on how much it would be to rebuild my T45 and I was told it would be 535 for a complete rebuild with upgraded 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks...not too bad, but I still wish I had money to go with a T56, lol i am still loooking!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bwiz760

Members online