98 cobra

BigBore96

Reaction score
Had a white 98 cobra. It was of course return style and had a removable FPR. I swapped the entire car to my current 96 and just replaced the FPR.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Just swapped the t45 for the t56.. will be doing a irs swap.. ill show how I'm doing my break lines. Since it seems to be a big topic on the swap..

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see how you're doing the brake lines as well. I'm hoping to be able to get the IRS swapped into mine before Mustang Week next year.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It's not hard. . We had thread going on here.. hopefully tomorrow I'll get to start. . Got side tracked. . My 03 broke a stock CC plate..

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Brake lines finished.. bought a new line at autozone. 3/16 brake with metric m10 x 1 fittings with a bubble flare. I also bought a 3/16 T for double flares with matching fittings.. you can not use a double flare on a bubble flare.. I bent my lines to run out of the way off the it's control arm and meet a lil off center on the pass side.. I cut the metric fitting off the main feed line coming from the master. . I used one of the new double flare fitting on it.. then I cut the new line to where it would meet the T and flared another fitting on there same thing with the other side. . I used a double flare T instead of the bubble flare because it's easier to find. And is cheap.. the double flare will hold pressure just as good as the bubble flare..

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Good stuff. I may be doing an IRS in the next year or two. Still undecided vs the IRS or a 5 link but this will be good stuff if I go IRS.

robb15033

Reaction score
Congratulations!
Enjoy revving up that beautiful sounding MOD Motor!
Removing IMRC plates, going catless, ect.. will hurt low-end power terribly bad.
~First thing to get for the car is an oil separator in line with PCV intake line. Steeda is cheap but works. UPR has a sophisticated unit that removes 99% of oil. JLT has nice ones. Car uses 7 quarts of 10W-30 each oil change. The filter/drier will be a big part of everyday driving.
~MGW short throw shifter
~FRPP 4.10 or higher ratio gear set.
~Exhaust of your choice (Longtubes get in way of clutch replacement). I went with a Hi-Flow cats, ProChamber, and Spintech 9000 Series mufflers.
~Suspension upgrade. Lowering springs, shocks/struts, C/C Plates, Bumpsteer kit, X2 Balljoints
That's It!
As Says Me!!
As you know by now, powerband is at 3500 RPM's and I love the unique sound this modular motor makes. It is special to me!
Have Fun!

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm past most of that.. Got a t56 now with the mgw.. Air ride, mm k member and other stuff.. I'm at work but almost done with all the stuff.. Hopefully i can finish the first week home..

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online