9838stang's Money Pit Pony

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get the blue gt ripped apart this weekend and pull mine apart next and drop it in that same weekend. June 3rd 4th 5th

I'm going to hold you accountable to that. Life usually gets in the way so I hope everything goes smoothly and you actually get it in. And speaking of smoothly if all goes well on my end I hopefully should be getting some AutoX time in at the good guys show in Pleasanton that same weekend. Yay! Racecar! *in training!*

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I'm going to hold you accountable to that. Life usually gets in the way so I hope everything goes smoothly and you actually get it in. And speaking of smoothly if all goes well on my end I hopefully should be getting some AutoX time in at the good guys show in Pleasanton that same weekend. Yay! Racecar! *in training!*

I'm really hoping to do this in the next couple weeks! I really wanna have it done by the time street machines is around but I wanna get it in and driving for a few weeks. Before hand.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well motor and transmission sitting on the side lines.

Mustang shell sitting all pretty back together after a wash

And picked up a couple more small parts

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Sweet, your car is going to be so much more fun with a V8.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well guys sorry to let you down the motor swap still isn't done my little sick staying here still a car. This weekend hopefully if all goes right both weather and timing my car will be a shell and hopefully have the 2000 motor and transmission in place. I've been procrastinating as well as having to work on my days off I don't yet have PTO but I will soon but in the meantime I will be working on the car this weekend and next weekend.

I started a couple of other things though. My 2000 cup holder in place. It's deeper than the 98 meaning the drinks for the passenger won't want to move as much.

The 2000

I did go back over it with a quick spray of flat black interior spray to help take the sign down it looks a lot better I didn't have time to take pictures and wait for it to dry but it does look a lot better

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You could v6 swap the blue car and sell it whole to someone needing a vehicle, lots of extra work but you could probably break even

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I already found a buyer for the whole car when done... pretty everything else minus the rear window is sold as one unit... and sold it for $650

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I also though about doing that, dropping my v6 auto into the 2000 just so I don't have a 250k mile paper wait.... or turn my block into a coffee table

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well guys, a little up date.... which doing the swap, motor fell off the skidloader

Nah jk lol

Got most of my interior pulled out Friday night.

Drove the car to my buddies place to start the process

At this point, we have already pulled the radiator hoses, disconnected electric working ok on ac stuff, and getting suspension apart

Something I never wanted to show, but the 4r70w trans was leaking pretty bad as well as the rear main was leaking and had a coolant leak somewhere I couldnt locate.

Gotta touch up some surface rust and put the new exhaust in. Man was a fight it was to take out the crappy weld job that was done.

Sixxer about to 86

Got some more touch ups to in here as we

Finally the v8 is going somewhere.

And it is in place

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Awesome progress man. I bet it feels real nice to start putting things together after taking so much stuff apart lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online

No members online now.