9838stang's Money Pit Pony

neverenuff

Reaction score
Nice find! Always liked the side exhaust on our cars, yes it is low but they sound sooo good! What are you doing for the exhaust?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Nice find! Always liked the side exhaust on our cars, yes it is low but they sound sooo good! What are you doing for the exhaust?

Not sure yet. Thinking of keeping my magnaflow exhaust with the car, having a couple of elbows made up to have the exhaust ran out the side of the car. But idk if that will work since the mufflers are rear exit ones. I think tip wise, im going to steal [MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] 's idea. on the tips. SVO type tips and roush tips fetch a premiuem before race wars LOL

No those tips are rare and are expensive. But the Tony had a good idea how he made his own. Otherwise there are some roush mufflers up for sale. but they are used and pricey.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
excited to see these on your car man!

You're excited... Pffff how the hell do you think I feel! What did you do for exhaust? Mufflers mainly?

Your car is SO photogenic, man. Always looks good - always.
Thanks man I try. She can get picky

Great find!

Been looking for a year. The guy never responded to any of his emails or anything. Says he kept getting locked out of his email or some bs

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
You're excited... Pffff how the hell do you think I feel! What did you do for exhaust? Mufflers mainly?

i don't know how they would sound on yours but i'm running dynomax racing bullets. but mines a gt and your's is a v6 plus i'm running headers and an o/r xpipe. but they are pretty loud on mine

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well I had an interesting day today.

I gave my two week notice at the bicycle shop I work at. At the end of my stay at Penn Cycle in the leaving there with 8 years experience and with knowledge and how to tune fix maintain build disassemble destroy and sell bicycles. I also picked up a few skills on the IT scene. I went to Augsburg College 2 gain a degree in computer science and with that being heard by the office they asked if I wanted to come aboard to become part of the it team

Well after 8 years going nowhere decided to give my 2 week notice after getting a position working at Napa. It's kind of a step sideways but there will be much more to be learned at this company many more doors to be opened up for me as well as many more opportunities to further my knowledge. Also in the same day I headed out to see my girlfriend that was two and a half hours away. On my journey out to see her I picked up a huge chunk of metal in my tire. As in the pictures, yes I know the tires needed to be replaced anyways and i tried to put it off as long as I can. But I guess the decision was made for me. So I have two new tires coming will be here Monday or Tuesday. I also ordered two new rod ends for the bump steer kit I have. The last of about 4 years roughly 60000 miles not bad for being an exposed system. So we shall see when they get here how much quieter everything buttoned up. I should since I'll have the front and mostly apart to get to him Take A Part the control arms and put a new bushings.

I also picked up new inner tie rods as you can see in the pictures

neverenuff

Reaction score
Well I had an interesting day today.

I gave my two week notice at the bicycle shop I work at. At the end of my stay at Penn Cycle in the leaving there with 8 years experience and with knowledge and how to tune fix maintain build disassemble destroy and sell bicycles. I also picked up a few skills on the IT scene. I went to Augsburg College 2 gain a degree in computer science and with that being heard by the office they asked if I wanted to come aboard to become part of the it team

Well after 8 years going nowhere decided to give my 2 week notice after getting a position working at Napa. It's kind of a step sideways but there will be much more to be learned at this company many more doors to be opened up for me as well as many more opportunities to further my knowledge. Also in the same day I headed out to see my girlfriend that was two and a half hours away. On my journey out to see her I picked up a huge chunk of metal in my tire. As in the pictures, yes I know the tires needed to be replaced anyways and i tried to put it off as long as I can. But I guess the decision was made for me. So I have two new tires coming will be here Monday or Tuesday. I also ordered two new rod ends for the bump steer kit I have. The last of about 4 years roughly 60000 miles not bad for being an exposed system. So we shall see when they get here how much quieter everything buttoned up. I should since I'll have the front and mostly apart to get to him Take A Part the control arms and put a new bushings.

I also picked up new inner tie rods as you can see in the pictures
Good luck with your new job! I learned a lot more when I worked for Advanced Auto Parts than I did in the three shops and auto shop prior. It's real people with real problems and you have to know what you are talking about.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Congrats on getting out of the bike shop. I have been in the bike industry for 30 years and unless you really love to ride it sucks... Do you have isolators on your springs?

Reaction score
Here are a few updates on the car.

I have drove the car over 6000 miles now with out the front spring isos, and and i havent had any metal on metal noise issues.
LED light conversion works and looks great!

I got the bug to add some new puddle(ghost) lights in the car after a buddy gave me both of his from his 2013 gt/cs after he broke both of his mirrors. well they wouldnt fit where i wanted them so i ordered a set off ebay.

I have them tapped into the dome light. When ever the dome light comes on so do they.

I traced the wiring to the passenger side pillar. I cut back the electrical tape covering the 3 wires and it had shown a black wire, black with white and a grey i believe.

I ran a wire from where i am splicing into it down the pillar, under the dash to where the kick panel on the passenger side.

I ran the wire through the door and routed it where the connectors are at. and did the same to the driver side. I also ran a wire under the dash to connect both door. next was to drill a hole into both door panels

WHAT THE ACTUAL FVCK
THAT IS SO SICK!!!

Reaction score
I've considered doing both a side exit exhaust and dumps for my car but ended up doing a custom side exit design for my svo skirts, as blasphemous as it sounds use camaro/firebird style mufflers with an inlet/outlet and outlet style design. That will make it work nicely Allen, although I'm sure you already have that in mind, our cars are almost always on similar mindsets

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
WHAT THE ACTUAL FVCK
THAT IS SO SICK!!!

Thats what my gf thinks everytime she opens the door. She wants me to install the impala symbol in all of her doors. Took a little bit to install them but I still like them

Photo bucket pics are down for me at the moment :(

Yea that happens to me.... Thinking of switching my whole account to something else....

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I've considered doing both a side exit exhaust and dumps for my car but ended up doing a custom side exit design for my svo skirts, as blasphemous as it sounds use camaro/firebird style mufflers with an inlet/outlet and outlet style design. That will make it work nicely Allen, although I'm sure you already have that in mind, our cars are almost always on similar mindsets

Im looking at buying some dynamax mufflers... but i wanna find some magnaflow exhaust with the same set up (inlet and outlet one the same side)

Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online