A/C Delete How to????

Suspect

Reaction score
i did this not to long ago and i couldnt find a how to anywhere. i ran mine with a pulley from ford. 1st things is get some ac/fuel line disconnect tools, the color ones worked real good. just use them to disconnect all ur lines, but make sure theres no pressure in them. mine was empty, u can go somewhere and have them take it out or just stick a screwdriver in the hose by the intake. :-X i disconnected all my lines 1st, then took off the belt. got under the car and unbloted the compressor. i had the battery out already and just carefully lifted it out with lines connected. then i unbolted the can on the firewall and that is it. i left the condenser to sheild the radiator.

so easy a caveman can do it. 8)

Reaction score
If you don't know if your system is pressured and still want to do it. Wear long sleeves, crap pants, and some eye protection. The freon in the AC can burn the crap out of you. I know someone who is blind in one eye from the freon spraying in his eye. It's a piece of cake to do, took my like 2 hours. And it was my first major thing I did on my car.

-Fuel/AC line disconnects-
-New belt
-Dead pulley for the AC (Like a AC delete kit from FRPP or something)
-I can't remember the tensioner size, I want to say 13mm or 12mm, but not positive
-Some screw drivers

It is not hard at all. I did it, and at that time, I considered myself a rookie when it came to working on cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online