A little help getting the car where i want

icedapple

Reaction score
Alright, so I have been looking around and looking around and alot of the tech and pages I see are mainly. 5.0 engines. So I wanted to know if in on the right path here

Car: 1996 GT 5speed

Got the car stock, on the process of installed

Exhaust,
Bbk O/r x pipe
3.73 gear
CAI
C&l. Throttle body and elbow
Domain pi intake manifold

Need to buy
Bama tuner

Parts I'm waiting on
Pi cams to install.

I want to get into the 13s off the bottle and was hoping for a high 12s on a 100 shot

Is it possible?

Anything else I should get ? Bbk maf? Other mods? Was hoping to wait on a p.i head swap for awhile

Thoughts ? Insight ?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Lots of guys get 13's no problem. That dorman intake is going to hold you back. Try to score a pi intake or at least the all aluminum proproducts found on ebay.

Some good driving practice and weight reduction will get you there

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Nitrous and gears. Grab an afr gauge too. Get a fat tune with some timing adjustments and spray into your 12s.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Before you try putting any more power into the car. Work on your suspension.

OP
OP
I

icedapple

Reaction score
So really everything I planned on will get me into the 12s without doing a full pi swap? Any thing I'm missing ?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Their are always tricks to do to improve what you already have. Applying them will further the outcome.

Like addermk2 states, tune the suspension.

For the engine, tricks like degreeing the cams, polishing incoming air tracts, cleaning sensors, oil catch can, .....this can turn into a science, but show improvements no dought. Sounds like alot of work. Honestly, staying stock'ish means creativity and is alot of fun through the process. So what if youre not the fastest ball swinger......having fun is where its at! The challenges await your time. You just have to apply techniques!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If thats a bama tuner from AM... skip it. Their tunes are garbage. Dyno tune in person is the best for your car!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
But suspension wise. Good set of rear upper and lower control arms, full length weld in subframe connectors, good tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online