A one of a kind V-10 factory Mustang!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I had the means to machine my own block and crank I’d build a custom v10 in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If I had the means to machine my own block and crank I’d build a custom v10 in a heartbeat!!!!!!

You know the trucks came with v10’s right? It’s a modular engine that uses the same trans, mounts, and accessories as a regular mod car. The hard parts are headers and intake manifold.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You know the trucks came with v10’s right? It’s a modular engine that uses the same trans, mounts, and accessories as a regular mod car. The hard parts are headers and intake manifold.

The article explained that they didn’t use the truck motor. It was a one off machined custom aluminum block. Crank and cam was custom built as well.

Boostr1

Reaction score

Yeah, but this prototype was 2 4.6 blocks mated together minus six cylinders, so it was a low deck, the truck V10 is a high deck like the 5.4 block.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I get all that, but the special matching tools aren’t required to make this happen. And why not keep the tall deck and take advantage of the stroke and torque that the 5.4/6.8 puts out?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Well, I don’t think the 6.8 ever came in 4v so it would have to be two 4.6 eddy intakes made to fit.

Good point.. We should cut and weld four C-heads together instead just so we can use Coyote intakes and be difficult.

or

Cut/weld four C-heads together AND two GT500 lowers together with a custom, larger intercooler for a Whipple setup.

Then we will put this monstrosity in a truck.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Good point.. We should cut and weld four C-heads together instead just so we can use Coyote intakes and be difficult.

or

Cut/weld four C-heads together AND two GT500 lowers together with a custom, larger intercooler for a Whipple setup.

Then we will put this monstrosity in a truck.

Oh hells no!!! Turbo it, put it in an old 2 door Fairmont an cut the firewall out so you can set it back far enough to hide it all!! Then take it out on the street an run it against some of these young punks and scare the shit out them while taking their $$$!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online