*ABS* Keeps coming on..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1BAD96SVT, Feb 4, 2007.

1. 1BAD96SVT

1BAD96SVT Member

Well here is the problem, my ABS light came on so i took the car to my mechanic watched him pull the codes from the computer,So he tells me that the braking system is fine but the ABS light is on because..

1. That one of the tires spun at a different time then all 4 so that triggered the light to come on
    2. That i over reved the car(which i no i didnt)

So after all said is done i wound up paying 50$ for him to shut it off, Well it was off for about a day when i noticed it came on again,As i start it up the next day to take it back to him it is off again, he pulls the codes says everything fine,Just yesterday i start the car the ABS comes on again then goes off while im driving then comes back on.It's driving me crazy any one ever have this problem or no what it is... :-\

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I remember seeing people talking about it over at stangnet, mabye try a search over there?

3. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

I have heard of loose connections causing abs lights to come on so it would be a good idea (and cheap) to check out all the wiring.

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

Ive heard that too, it makes connection and then looses it causing a malfunction

5. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

Could be the ABS sensor (which are a bitch to get out), toner ring, or even a loose wheel bearing?

6. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

check your battery connections. i had the same problem a couple months ago and it turned out to be a bad battery connection. my battery was bad as well but try your connections.

7. SoddyRebel

SoddyRebel Well-Known Member

mine stays on, brakes work fine, it doesnt really bother me....

8. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

yeah if you have any sorta loose connection or even a bad battery it causes all kinds of strange things to happen.

9. Xuzhu

Xuzhu Member

I removed, and I think broke my rear ABS sensors! Who needs it anyways? Light won't go away though, hehe.

10. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

when the light is on that means your abs is disabled...doesnt really matter until you do some hard driving..

11. Wayne

Wayne Member

:) check these things first air pressure in all four tires if good take an old tooth brush and clean the abs gear spokes and sensors on all four wheels you may have a brake dust build up or oil on them you can use some degreaser on them then rinse them well. hope this helps.

12. Dusstbuster

Dusstbuster New Member

My ABS hasn't worked since I bought my car...I guess my HCM is shot and I don't want to spend $1900 on a new one nor do I care that much since the car doesn't see winter driving. Unless you drive your car in the winter I wouldn't really worry about it, you stop quicker WITHOUT ABS than you do with it, you just have less/no control without it.

13. eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough Legend

My ABS light was on for a long time! I finally found a mechanic in town that could replace the sensor. It is off now.

14. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

Mine doesnt work either and I DO drive it in winter. Wish I knew why it dont work....