AC Compressor won't stay on

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’m not sure, on other models it can but I’ve never worked on the ac on an sn before.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
It’s built in to the line. To replace the orifice, you have to replace the line. I don’t recall which line it is though.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The one that runs on passenger side
From accumulator to condincer
If It dose not have one
Mabe a previous owner removed it

OP
OP
O

Oakway9092

Reaction score
I had some time today to disconnect my lines and I don't see an orifice tube anywhere.

OP
OP
O

Oakway9092

Reaction score

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
The one that runs on passenger side
From accumulator to condincer
If It dose not have one
Mabe a previous owner removed it
That's the one that usually has that foam insulating piece on it where it touches the framerail? Runs on bottom real close to the header primaries?

BHernandez

Reaction score
When you replaced the compressor, did you happen to put any compressor oil in it before installation? It sounds like the compressor could be overheating and kicking the clutch off. This will keep the compressor from seizing.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it’s a new or rebuilt compressor they usually come prefilled with pag oil so he should be good there. Plus it would be very noisy. The system would probably grenade itself in short order without oil.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Sometimes they don't contain oil from wherever you bought it. That's why it's always a good idea to get some or just make sure the A/C shop down the road injects PAG into the system after they vacuum test the whole system.

OP
OP
O

Oakway9092

Reaction score
If it’s a new or rebuilt compressor they usually come prefilled with pag oil so he should be good there. Plus it would be very noisy. The system would probably grenade itself in short order without oil.
Yeah mine was new and it came prefilled with 7 ounces of oil.

I swapped the line that had the orifice tube and it still shows no pressure on the high side at all. I think the condenser may be clogged.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yeah mine was new and it came prefilled with 7 ounces of oil.

I swapped the line that had the orifice tube and it still shows no pressure on the high side at all. I think the condenser may be clogged.
What’s the low side showing?

OP
OP
O

Oakway9092

Reaction score
Hey yall!

Sorry for not replying. I got caught up with some stuff

Okay so I replaced the orifice tube, gave it 90min of Vacuum time (with 45min break in between).

I managed to add freon...this time it took two cans!

The Low Side reads: 92
The High Side reads: 100

However as in finished getting the second can in, the Compressor kicks on just once and thats it. I shut down the car and it does the same when I start it up.

Could it be something electrical?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Is that reading with the compressor engaged? That looks like static pressure which shows you nothing. You need to jump the compressor from the pressure switch then take a reading.

OP
OP
O

Oakway9092

Reaction score
Is that reading with the compressor engaged? That looks like static pressure which shows you nothing. You need to jump the compressor from the pressure switch then take a reading.
Ah I forgot to mention that.

When the compressor is running it drops down to about 50 in the low side. I forgot what the high side says but I will have some free time tomorrow to get a better reading

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online