Adding Nitrous to my forged stroker...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm throwing my new shortblock together, and want to run some giggle gas until I get the $$ for my turbo's.

I was thinking about a 150 shot.
Can anyone give me some practical advice on what options I wanna add, like gagues, warmer, opener???

also, what's it like to drive?
I've never driven a NOS car..
Thanks.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hmmm, I know there is some guys here that has nos ??? I dont know much about it but the kit you have there looks fine to me. Are you running mid to high comp in your new stroker?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's 9:1 and is rated up to 950 to the wheels ;D

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
IMO Since you've never messed with spray before, I'd get the most complete kit I could. You'll need a bottle heater and a gauge, NX makes a nice heater that you don't have to baby sit. It keeps the temp and pressure on the up and up automaticly. I also run a RPM window switch. Mine is set to bring the spray in at 3000rpm and cut it off at 7500rpm. If you have a rev limiter set at say 6500 you'll need to set it to shut off at around 6300-6400rpm, so the nitrous and fuel is not spraying when the limiter cuts in. I use the window switch along with a micro switch on my carb secondaries and the main arming switch. I'd also get a fuel pressure gauge. You may also want to look into a fuel pressure safety switch, it will disarm the system if the fuel pressure drops below a set point. I think most of the newer kits for fuel injected cars may come with a fuel pressure switch, I'm not too sure though. I mostly mess with carbed set ups so maybe someone else will chime in. I'd get a spare bottle too, nothing ends a night of playing around like running empty. lol

Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head. If something else comes across my mind I'll post up. I'm no expert by no means, but that is what I have on my set up even though its carbed. Also, I suggest going to www.hardcore50.com. Their forum is full of awesome nitrous tech.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Disturbed,
I was looking at the rpm window switch.
I'll get an extra bottle too.

I was wondering about the fuel shut off's
Thanks for the info!

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
Yea, If I was running a single fuel pump for the motor and spray I'd have a fuel pressure switch. I'm not really going to need one though since I'm gonna run two seprate fuel systems. One more thing!!! If the kit you get doesn't have a purge, get one!!! I can't belive I left out suggesting a purge!! lol A couple 2 second purges will definatly give you a nice hard hit. Good luck!!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I have a trick flow nitrous kit that works pretty good. I have a throttle microswitch that gives my juice at WOT.... so I only get NOS when I punch it.. it works well... I have the bottle heater, dual purge kit and remote bottle opener... I don't drive with the bottle in the car day to day so the remote bottle opener is useless...the purge kit is cool but you really only need one. but nitrous is nitrous for the most part....its just how well you use it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.