Adjustable Rear Spring Height - Ride

02GTUK

Reaction score
Does anyone use this style rear spring and shock setup? These came on the car when I bought it but I just can't get it to ride nice, it's so bouncy! The shocks have 30 hard-soft settings but too soft is worse than too hard. I have given the springs 6mm of preload and the springs are 275lbs. I have also removed the quad shocks now and it made no difference.

Attachments

• PXL_20230827_102009391.jpg
    PXL_20230827_102009391.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 10

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
If the rear is bouncy, that means the shocks can't control the spring properly. Either the spring rate is too much, or shocks are just weak. If anything, you will want to firm the rear shocks up to control the spring, but I bet it rides like a dump truck at that point.

If the ride is too firm, you can try a different set of springs. 275 is on the high end of thigs but there are lowering springs out there with progressive rates around 180-250 lbs in the rear.

Quad shocks won't really affect ride quality unless they are seized up.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good info ^
Had me laugh at the dump truck reference. A buddy asked me to help out moving dirt with his dump truck. Total 53 loads, but i only moved 4 loads before it began to rain. The ride quality of a dump truck is something else. I couldnt do this 8hrs a day. It would beat me to death.

OP
OP
02GTUK

02GTUK

Reaction score
If the rear is bouncy, that means the shocks can't control the spring properly. Either the spring rate is too much, or shocks are just weak. If anything, you will want to firm the rear shocks up to control the spring, but I bet it rides like a dump truck at that point.

If the ride is too firm, you can try a different set of springs. 275 is on the high end of thigs but there are lowering springs out there with progressive rates around 180-250 lbs in the rear.

Quad shocks won't really affect ride quality unless they are seized up.

Hahaha dump truck explains the ride perfectly!! I might just have to admit defeat if I can't find a softer set of springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online