Adjusting the stock quadrant. (yes I searched for hours)

Goldmember

Reaction score
Having a hard time shifting into First when stopped and in general until the trans warms up and the clutch feels like it's grabbing at the top of the pedal when getting underway. This also happens when shifting, making the timing tricky when I give it gas again. Thinking my cable has stretched a bit but need to buy a little time before I can get the $ together for one.

I read this: (Many times) http://sn95forums.com/showthread.ph...clutch-cable.&highlight=adjust+stock+quadrant

So if I'm reading this right, push the clutch pedal down, and push the quadrant up until it clicks? Pulling up on the pedal with my foot (and with my hands) did nothing. The pedal feels very light and the clutch is tight. If I'm sitting in First and slowly let the clutch out, the car will start moving after the pedal is about 3" from the floor. From what I've read this is acceptable.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
to adjust the stock quadrant:

Put car in first gear, turn the car off. release the clutch. pull up on the pedal with your hands.
(I used to repeat the process with the car in neutral, as well.)

If this is the process you're doing, you're doing it right. If it's not clicking, it doesnt need adjustment and there's probably a more serious problem at hand. If you have an OEM owners manual, you can look the process up in there as well.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I've pulled up on the pedal as hard as I can- nothing. That's why I was going to try the method in that link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99