"Air Bag" light came on yesterday..............

BHernandez

Reaction score
Replacing the seat belt modules is expensive. If you can find them new, they're about $250/each. Most times they can be cleaned. Put some fresh dielectric grease in the coupling and they usually work fine. But I would start under the hood. If everything checks out move to the clock-spring. If that checks out, then move to the seat belts. Thats the path from easiest to most difficult.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Everything under the hood seems sorted, horn works fine. I have read a few other sites and there were issues with the resistor on the actual airbag itself. Getting ready to give up at this point....

Pallgor

Reaction score
Try to find a Ford mechanic to help you. I know everyone here likes to “ do it yourself and save” but sometimes you need the help from someone who has worked on these things for a living. There’s no shame in that

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with what another member added on a separate thread on here:

The plug for the module has a plastic piece that when the plug is removed from the module you install this and it cancels the light. I do not know how it works but on startup the light comes on and then goes out.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Removed the positive and negative battery cables, thoroughly cleaned both down to shiny copper. re-installed and NOW the speedometer, radio and clock are out as well? Haven't checked the fuses yet, need to search for a diagram sigh.........

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't even bother with a fuse diagram when your checking fuses. It seriously takes 10x more time to get out the manual, find the right page, start reading and then hope you pick the right one. Turn the key on, drag a volt meter down the back of each fuse as it is in the box and in 30 secs you can confirm if you have or do not have power on one side of a fuse. Or it only takes 20 secs more to use plyers and pull/inspect each one but you would be amazed how often your just checking the wrong fuse either in location or label and if you checked the one next to it, you would have it.

badass98svt

Reaction score
and I guess got use to the beeping that it does every time you start it or did you just remove that as well?

No beeping on my 98. Pulled the bulb and it's been fine ever since. Also removed the pigtails and harnesses for the rears when I had the interior out.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
OK, replaced the 8, and 15 fuses and I am back to where I started.

What about the side view mirror fuse? I don't see that anywhere and they haven't worked since I picked up the car?

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
I am blind in my old age..........

So the mirrors still don't work either, any other ideas or are both motors blown?

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
people just don't believe me but just for shits and giggles, go and either pull/inspect or drag a volt meter down them and see if there is isn't some random fuse that has NOTHING to do with the problem at hand that has blown.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
people just don't believe me but just for shits and giggles, go and either pull/inspect or drag a volt meter down them and see if there is isn't some random fuse that has NOTHING to do with the problem at hand that has blown.

I will do that, just have to borrow my buddies.........

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score

I will do that, just have to borrow my buddies.........

Tested all connections with the volt meter, both under dash and engine compartment. All good, now what? ;(

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did ya do it with the key on? now check all the fuses under the hood.

After that I would start by checking the switch in the door panel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online