Air not blowing through forward facing vents.

d.garza18

Reaction score
So this v6 new edge I’ve acquired recently is making me scratch my head. The ac compressor wasn’t kicking on. I saw some due on the back where the seals are and replaced them, put some frion and wala it started blowing cold then stopped but started again about two weeks ago and I’m not even going to question it. but it blows from everywhere else but the forward facing vents. All the other options work. I checked the vacuum lines but didn’t see anything wrong. Is there any other possible culprits I should look at before I decide to pull the dash? I’d really hate to doit it I don’t have to

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
you did check that little black line coming out of passenger side firewall make sure that is plugged in for sure that is your main vac

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as he said go to the firewall under the hood on the passenger side and there should be a vac line that is all alone. Now trace the other half from the vac tree on teh drivers side by the hinge. You can use a little thicker piece of vac line and some rtv to put them back together

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
as he said go to the firewall under the hood on the passenger side and there should be a vac line that is all alone. Now trace the other half from the vac tree on teh drivers side by the hinge. You can use a little thicker piece of vac line and some rtv to put them back together
Yes the one out the firewall was the first one I checked. I’ll dig further on the other one

07GtS197

Reaction score
Does the recirculating door open on max ac? If it doesn’t work at idle it’s a complete loss of vacuum or the control head itself.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Does the recirculating door open on max ac? If it doesn’t work at idle it’s a complete loss of vacuum or the control head itself.
Yes it opens on it and air comes out everywhere else but the forward vents. You can feel the tiniest amount from them

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
I looked on the driver side but didn’t see one? This is a 3.8l

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yes it opens on it and air comes out everywhere else but the forward vents. You can feel the tiniest amount from them
At this point it would be best to pull the control head. You’re either not getting vacuum to the actuator for the blend door for the front vents or the control head is messed up. It’s not diverting vacuum to the correct vacuum circuit.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not familiar with the 6 but I thought the vac tree was in the same location. It just looks like a plastic pipe with the lines going in/out. The line generally breaks right behind the motor and just hangs behind it.

Makoto

Reaction score
you need to get engine vacuum to the thing in your dash that looks like this:
1654319139071.png

they get old over time, crack, cause a vacuum leak and if the system doesn't have vacuum it can't operate.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the rod on the end of that could be broken or the boor itself could be broken where the rod connects
if you do have vacuum

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online