Aloha - new member

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usk him down a bit if you can. Mid 4000's I think is a fair deal for that car from what I can see plus mods

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
Usk him down a bit if you can. Mid 4000's I think is a fair deal for that car from what I can see plus mods

Thanks for actually replying lol. I'm going to take a look at it in a few hours. I'll try to talk him down to 4500 idk if it'll be a good car or not. I rather buy a stock GT for less money and mod it myself but they're hard to find in my area so this one will have to do.

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
Also, dont be scared of the mileage. 131K is nothing for a modular.
The modular is a simple beast, and I'm happy about that. I'm just worried about blowing out spark plugs. Also the interior isn't dark charcoal it looks like the lighter two-tone color, not sure if I'll like it when I see it in person. I'm pretty picky, as much as I like it I don't mind passing this one up if I have to. We'll see though.

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
Went to go look at it, it was pretty decent. The exhaust was very loud but sounded nice, paint was eh and interior was okay. Just wear and tear you'd expect on a 131k mile car. He didn't want to go below 5k though so I didn't get it.

I did offer 4700 but it's fine. G36 monkey said mid 4s and honestly that's ideal, I don't want to spend over 4500 for a new edge. After test driving I like how they feel and even though they're slower than I was expecting, I think the torque makes it for a nice daily. I think I'd get pulled over for that exhaust though.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AS for mileage, like warrior said, just remember all the half million/million mile taxi cabs running around in NY. I have a friend with a million mile crown vic of his own.

You will always have three kinds of sellers:

The one who thinks because his car is stock, it's solid gold.
The one who thinks because his car is modded, it's solid gold.
The one who actually realizes what something is worth.

A good deal is where both parties walk away feeling a little beat up, it means you brought him down enough but still paid enough to be fair so you didn't steal it.

Don't let interior color scare you. Afternoon swap for everything aside from the dash. Add a few extra hours to do that. Plenty of SN's in the junk yard to pick interiors from.

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with everything you said. Unfortunately in this state everyone thinks they have gold and are super snobby about it.

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
I've been thinking - that 2v I test drove might have felt slow because it had a dorman intake.

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I think it may have been. It didn't have the real ford logo stamped on it.

Btw can one of you guys on here sell me your car lol :/ It's impossible for me to find a black 03/04. Some people here are asking 10k for their 99 2v GT. talk about nuts. It seems like everything is either a v6, convertible, automatic, or the trifecta of terrible - aka all three. I have my craigslist account sent to auto-email me any time a 02-04 manual GT is posted for under 6 grand but still no dice.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Tender loving care

Just a lil'bit

Not alot

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
Maybe the cemetery was meant to foreshadow what would happen to the engine once I got it :p

I think I'll still hold out for a newer car, I want to have the romeo + tr3650 combo.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't look bad in the pics. Question will be how it looks in person.

It would be really cool if it had a pushrod though!!!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Defiant

Defiant

Reaction score
He sent me photos it's had rust repair apparently on the rear quarter panel. The paint on that panel is real fuzzy suggesting the whole thing has been resprayed. It could have been hit and repaired or maybe it really was just rust repair but either way I'm not too thrilled about that panel. I'll probably pass on that. If it just needed front and rear bumpers then that'd be fine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online