Aluminum Driveshaft...who has one?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
alright, i just bought one and have a few questions...

#1 can i use the trans yoke i have now, or do i have to buy one special made for the aluminum driveshaft?

#2 any tips on install, i heard it is a pain in the ass the get the bolts off, enough of a pain to use a torch.

oh, i got it used for $120 shipped :banana:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nice price and sorry i have no info for you, i want one though, let us know how the install/performance is. :)

G

GREG@SN95

I've read on mustangboards from members that have them that they improve throttle response and give the car more pep...

worth the money in their opinion... and they paid full price... so go for it

95-stang

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
I've read on mustangboards from members that have them that they improve throttle response and give the car more pep...

I was going to ask about any benefits apart from being shiny, thanks. ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95-stang said:
GREG@SN95 said:

weight?

NotQuik

Reaction score
install is easy and yes you can use the same yoke....shouldn't be long at all to install

OP
OP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
95-stang said:
GREG@SN95 said:

weight?

i think it is like an 8 pound wight drop, but that is alot since it rotational mass. i think some people have seen like 2 tenths of there 1/4..plus it will help counter the 18s

and does anyone know where to get either a FRPP or HPM driveshaft afety loop...the cheapest i could find is like $50 after shipping.

Nacho

Reaction score
I have one and the car did feel lighter. It has nothing to do with throttle response, it has to do with saving rotating mass. That is the heaviest type of weight there is, hence the front runners and super light racing wheels. The installation is a breeze. I bought brand new from summit a couple of year back when they were $130 or so. I just installed it like 4 months ago. You should be able to use the same yolk, but mine came with one. All you have to do is turn the rear wheels so you have acess to all 4 bolts holding the d/s to the differential. Took me like 5 min to install. O0

G

GREG@SN95

Nacho said:
I have one and the car did feel lighter. It has nothing to do with throttle response, it has to do with saving rotating mass. That is the heaviest type of weight there is, hence the front runners and super light racing wheels. The installation is a breeze. I bought brand new from summit a couple of year back when they were $130 or so. I just installed it like 4 months ago. You should be able to use the same yolk, but mine came with one. All you have to do is turn the rear wheels so you have acess to all 4 bolts holding the d/s to the differential. Took me like 5 min to install. O0

less rotating weight = better throttle response

::)

Theres a ton of info in the links I gave ya... look through em

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online