aluminum driveshaft

stang94X

Reaction score
i just bought an aluminum driveshaft for my 94 gt auto, i should be recieving it in the mail today and hopefully putting it in tonight if not to late, i was just wondering if anyone else has put one in there car and saw any performance difference with it

ripper

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a shop and he balanced mine for me. I was told by my tuner that i needed an aluminum flywheel, and balanced rotating system to get the full benefits. Which i did. Aluminum is always better than steel it weighs less. Dunno if you will feel a difference though. You should get a d/s hoop though and put it on while your under there. There cheap.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
There is no driver-perceivable difference in the driveshafts. It may take care of vibrations, if any.

M

musclemustang94

I am ordering one soon. I am pretty sure my driveline is either bent or a ujoint is shot.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Make sure your pinion angle is correct (or you'll lose the seal). Also check the driveshaft for rubbing up against the e-brake bracket and the tunnel. Mine was doing both until I installed adjustable control arms with different springs in back.

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
i put it in yesterday and besides the bitch part of trying to find longer bolts for it; it was as easy as changing an air cleaner, so liked that, it feels like my rpm's go up faster or it could just be my imagination, but i love it, its awsome

M

musclemustang94

i bet its super smooth now. drivelines get a little beat up over time and vibrate slightly, but you wouldn't notice it if you were the one driving the car all the time.