aluminum driveshaft

stang94X

Reaction score
i just bought an aluminum driveshaft for my 94 gt auto, i should be recieving it in the mail today and hopefully putting it in tonight if not to late, i was just wondering if anyone else has put one in there car and saw any performance difference with it

ripper

Reaction score
I have a buddy that has a shop and he balanced mine for me. I was told by my tuner that i needed an aluminum flywheel, and balanced rotating system to get the full benefits. Which i did. Aluminum is always better than steel it weighs less. Dunno if you will feel a difference though. You should get a d/s hoop though and put it on while your under there. There cheap.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
There is no driver-perceivable difference in the driveshafts. It may take care of vibrations, if any.

M

musclemustang94

I am ordering one soon. I am pretty sure my driveline is either bent or a ujoint is shot.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Make sure your pinion angle is correct (or you'll lose the seal). Also check the driveshaft for rubbing up against the e-brake bracket and the tunnel. Mine was doing both until I installed adjustable control arms with different springs in back.

OP
OP
S

stang94X

Reaction score
i put it in yesterday and besides the bitch part of trying to find longer bolts for it; it was as easy as changing an air cleaner, so liked that, it feels like my rpm's go up faster or it could just be my imagination, but i love it, its awsome

M

musclemustang94

i bet its super smooth now. drivelines get a little beat up over time and vibrate slightly, but you wouldn't notice it if you were the one driving the car all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online