Always a good day when you have boxes waiting for you to get home

J_Sty_

Reaction score
bf44de6d9b55aefb129179961dfaf98b.jpg

9c5c31abfa43633a1e4bbd813a29ba41.jpg

Wingless looks good with Saleens, do it!

J_Sty_

Reaction score
Negatory Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.

And by pattern, i mean bandwagon.

I've been wingless for years with multiple cars, plenty of room for people to do what they want, not everyone is doing things just because everyone else is...some people actually like the same things as others...just sayin

lutter94

Reaction score
People always say 5 spoke bullitts are the bandwagon, maybe they used to be, but you rarely see em anymore. One thing that is pretty common these days is people taking spoilers off. Didn't say you haven't done it forever, just that it's the "new craze".

J_Sty_

Reaction score
People always say 5 spoke bullitts are the bandwagon, maybe they used to be, but you rarely see em anymore. One thing that is pretty common these days is people taking spoilers off. Didn't say you haven't done it forever, just that it's the "new craze".

I have some bullitts too lol but not a lot of people have deep dish all around...it is kinda a recent crazy I agree but it looks soooo good haha wingless honestly looks best with staggered deep dish wheels...not all cars look goods with them

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've been wingless for years with multiple cars, plenty of room for people to do what they want, not everyone is doing things just because everyone else is...some people actually like the same things as others...just sayin

just out of curiosity if you have been wingless for years does that mean that you did it right and filled/painted the holes or still just plastic plugs? I can dig a wingless car when its done right but to me that means that the holes are filled. With out them suddenly they look great from 15 ft away or below waist level but basically become good from far and far from good.

I have been rocking black deep dish bullets now for at least 10 years. While I have loved the wheels as I honestly think that they go with the shape of the car almost better then any other. With all the curves on a sn it just seems like a natural fit but needless to say now they have grown old on me and I was ready to move on. I will always have a bit of a soft spot for them though as I will never forget the first time I took the car out on the road with them. It was still completely stock from the air cleaner back as it had been since mom got new and had been years since anyone really noticed it let alone get a compliment from a stranger since it had become lost in in the sea of stock sn95s.

J_Sty_

Reaction score
just out of curiosity if you have been wingless for years does that mean that you did it right and filled/painted the holes or still just plastic plugs? I can dig a wingless car when its done right but to me that means that the holes are filled. With out them suddenly they look great from 15 ft away or below waist level but basically become good from far and far from good.

I have been rocking black deep dish bullets now for at least 10 years. While I have loved the wheels as I honestly think that they go with the shape of the car almost better then any other. With all the curves on a sn it just seems like a natural fit but needless to say now they have grown old on me and I was ready to move on. I will always have a bit of a soft spot for them though as I will never forget the first time I took the car out on the road with them. It was still completely stock from the air cleaner back as it had been since mom got new and had been years since anyone really noticed it let alone get a compliment from a stranger since it had become lost in in the sea of stock sn95s.

Years meaning with my black car, I switched it out for a 6er trunk lid with no holes, the white car I've had about 3 months so they are just plugged, the black one will go on this car when I can get it painted sometime in the future. Rock on with the bullitts I still have mine in the garage, I've actually always hated them till I got these 18x9/10 with deep dishes front and back, rear lip is a little bigger than the front
1bebddec8e08b1c6aca0ff4230eed7cc.jpg

Post up a pic of yours

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Redline Tuning Hood Struts

Nothing too exciting. I installed these today

Always wanted to do this mod, but it was Tony's post that got me off my arse to order & install them.
I had the brackets and self-tapping bolts powdercoated gloss black before installing. Got rid of the prop rod and cleans things up a bit.
Now, I have to decide if I want to put my chrome strut tower brace back on... decisions, decisions LOL,

Thanks

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would leave the strut tower out. Looks much better without it. I'd even consider removing the hood blanket to freshen up that engine now that you have those nifty hood struts.

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I would leave the strut tower out. Looks much better without it. I'd even consider removing the hood blanket to freshen up that engine now that you have those nifty hood struts.
Yeah, I just went down to the basement, grabbed the strut brace and layed it in there. That lasted about 30 seconds. I agree with you, looks a lot cleaner without. I thought about pulling the blanket, but am unsure as to what the paint looks like under there. I've seen some that have done it and it looks pretty good, others, not so much. I heard that they don't do a clean paint job underneath because the blanket covers it.
I've had it on for a l-o-n-g time ago, when I had that embossed pony painted. It is starting to look faded. I guess I'll have something to look forward to doing next weekend.

J_Sty_

Reaction score
Nothing too exciting. I installed these today

Always wanted to do this mod, but it was Tony's post that got me off my arse to order & install them.
I had the brackets and self-tapping bolts powdercoated gloss black before installing. Got rid of the prop rod and cleans things up a bit.
Now, I have to decide if I want to put my chrome strut tower brace back on... decisions, decisions LOL,

Thanks

Looks good! You and Tony both make me wanna do it too [emoji106]

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
those hood struts look awesome man! perfect choice going with the black rather than the polished stainless ones!

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
Hood Blanket/Insulation Removed

I took Ferocious' advice and pulled the hood blanket off last night. As I stated earlier, I was worried about the condition of the paint underneath. But as it came down I was pleasantly surprised. The paint coverage was really good. I didn't know this before removing it, but those 2 white half-circles are actually cut outs on the underside of the hood. I'm guessing to help move hot air through the hood and out the hood vents. Not sure how efficient they are, but they certainly will be able to function better with the blanket off of there.

On to the pics:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought I red the holes were actually cut out by a ford tech to look for separation of the hood/underhood and add adhesive if needed. If your cuts look a lot cleaner then mine are...

OP
OP
H

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I thought I red the holes were actually cut out by a ford tech to look for separation of the hood/underhood and add adhesive if needed. If your cuts look a lot cleaner then mine are...
I guess I must have gotten lucky that the tech took pride in what he did with my hood

... I like my idea as "heat-extraction" cutouts better LOL :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online