American Muscle Car show *NEW ROUTE UPDATE IN OP*

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Got her all cleaned up today

This thing screams RACECAR. Love it.. But I gotta raise you 5. Cleaned it the other day, need to buff it Friday for the AM show.
I got the stuff done I wanted to before the show, new tint 20% all around and got the new gears done, oh and wheels finally.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine is filthy right now, but it will be ready to go for Saturday. The new exhaust sounds good. Definitely louder than the old Ford crap.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Cars running really rough right now. As soon as I started it I felt the vibrating. Vibrating thru the shifter, cars boggin and pretty jumpy.. Never ends. Bet its the gas from BP

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Haha I thought it was a 351, it looks like it sticks up higher in your pic. Either way looks great. Did you recently fill home tank up?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Haha I thought it was a 351, it looks like it sticks up higher in your pic. Either way looks great. Did you recently fill home tank up?

Ah haha. Its a Kaenen S281, love it. I filled up wednesday night, 87 oct, $30 got to 1/2 tank. Drove home, ran fine. Drove it a few days ago and it ran fine. Started it today and immediately felt it idling rough, as soon as I started driving it felt pretty shitty. Shifted to 2nd around 15ish, and usually it feels fine.. 2nd at 20 and it felt like it was chugging like I was in 3rd at 15 and needed to downshift. I restarted it a few times, let it sit and that didn't help. clutch and tranny feel fine.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Even though our cars are designed to run on 87, do not put it in. Even though there isn't any gain from 93 you will get other benefits such as the car will run a lot better and the engine will not pull a lot of timing. 93 will resist detonation as well. Only time I have ever put 87 in was because my car ran out of gas many years ago and all I had in my garage was 87.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Even though our cars are designed to run on 87, do not put it in. Even though there isn't any gain from 93 you will get other benefits such as the car will run a lot better and the engine will not pull a lot of timing. 93 will resist detonation as well. Only time I have ever put 87 in was because my car ran out of gas many years ago and all I had in my garage was 87.

Makes sense. My dad tells me the same thing but I'm stubborn and its a horror at the pump anyway for 87, 93 is so much more per gallon lol. I'll fill the rest up with 93 from a different gas station and pour a bottle of fuel system cleaner in

TanTop94

Reaction score
Makes sense. My dad tells me the same thing but I'm stubborn and its a horror at the pump anyway for 87, 93 is so much more per gallon lol. I'll fill the rest up with 93 from a different gas station and pour a bottle of fuel system cleaner in

I advanced my timing and I run 89 no problems, helps with not having to spend as much on gas as if you were to get 93.

teal95gt

Reaction score
50/50 chance I'm going to make it after having my new exhaust installed from before the axel back I still had the factory upper control arms on and they had to much travel distance and we're rubbing on the new exhaust setup. So I had them order new upr fully adjustable upper control arms to prevent rubbing/rattling. They said car will now be ready Thursday or Friday and idk of I want to make the drive down now after having to drive down to south Carolina and back from Massachusetts.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
50/50 chance I'm going to make it after having my new exhaust installed from before the axel back I still had the factory upper control arms on and they had to much travel distance and we're rubbing on the new exhaust setup. So I had them order new upr fully adjustable upper control arms to prevent rubbing/rattling. They said car will now be ready Thursday or Friday and idk of I want to make the drive down now after having to drive down to south Carolina and back from Massachusetts.

I feel your pain. These generic exhaust systems suck. The x-pipe I bought was to short and never fit right. I had so much angle on it so it did not rub on the cross member, that it was constantly scraping. Because it was to short it pulled the cat back forward. The tail pipe ended up rubbing on a steel brake line in the left rear wheel well and the line finally blew. Very interesting driving with no brakes. Fortunately it was early morning so not allot of traffic.

That was my excuse for finishing my exhaust. Had a local guy fix up my x-pipe to fit, and installed some flowmaster 44's with dumps.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone remember rough idea for final head count so we can get an idea how many should be there before we pull out?

1bad9d5

Reaction score
LOL wow

Um i have 0 clue of final head count but I'm hearing like 70-80+ meeting at the mall but don't quote me

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
me and joey (5.ohh) are apart of an AM show event on fb and they plan on being at the KOP mall like real deep with stangs, I was including them in my count lol

ohhhh I was going to say haha. Do you know what time they are meeting up at the mall and where at?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.