Another IRS question. .

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to swap the irs from my 95 to my 98.. I can do the whole swap no problem. The thing is i don't want t o drill thru my trunk for the brackets like I did the 95.. Has any one else done something different. .

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=18340]Handz[/MENTION] welded his brackets in. That is what I am considering doing with mine.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When they go in 99-04 they just bolt in. Is it possible to make it work the same way as a new edge install? I haven't been under mine in a long time but the quad shock mounts are similar IIRC we are just missing the holes to screw into correct?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a few people with Fox IRS swaps do something similar. One welded nuts to a plate like that but I like that way better.

Probably going to just have mine welded in though. I'll have to see if there is enough room to weld in the brackets before taking the solid axle out. That would make life easy.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking about welding nuts.. but I like the stud idea better. . I just want it to be easily removed. . With no holes left on the trunk. .

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I never liked the through the trunk idea especially if no plate is placed in the trunk for support. Popping a plate in the frame seems like an easy enough solution as long as fishing it through isn't a hassle.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess in 98 they were already getting ready for the changes in 99. Your exhaust should be easier to pop on the IRS pipes also.

Handz

Reaction score
I welded mine to the frame. It was way easy and only cost me like $20. Muffler shop did it for me. Super quick, super clean. Painted the welds. I can still remove the IRS because I only welded the upper brackets. Way easier than drilling the floor.

Handz

Reaction score
Don't want to weld any brakets to the frame.. i figure something out. Just have to get it done

Why not just weld it? Its either drill hold or weld it. One or the other. Welding it will cost you $20-$40. Drilling it you might **** up. Plus once you bend new brake lines and all the stuff to convert to IRS there is no way you will be switching back to SRA anyways.

I am just being realistic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online