Another question - headlights

delling3

Reaction score
Just ordered a set of "SVE" Cobra style headlights (4 pc kit with marker lights) from LMR. First of all, these are "Eagle Eye" branded - not sure why LMR calls them out as "SVE", but so be it.

I have read many user comments on the Eagle Eye lights, including the rubber trim around the corner lights being poorly adhered to the light. Based on what I received, I can only agree with that opinion. I had not realized, but the corner lights are the same design as the base GT/V6 corner lights - only the headlight itself is different. Since my existing corner lights are in good condition, should I simply replace the headlights only? If this is an option, do I need to remove the corner light at all? It seems that I should be able to remove/reinstall the headlight assembly only without disturbing the corner lights?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You can replace just the headlight and leave the corner lights installed. If you're looking for a well made corner light, I would recommend Depo brand. I've had a set on mine for a few years and the fit is perfect and the rubber seal has held up fine.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You will be fine to just replace the headlight.

SVE is Latemodels own brand, but obviously they outsource from other companies. Their springs and such are also made by other suspension companies, just at a lower cost.

OP
OP
delling3

delling3

Reaction score
Thanks. The new headlights are in, they look great, and they put out significantly more light, albeit with a really odd pattern. I have monkeyed around with the aiming, but very much still a work in progress. Anyone else have a similar experience with these lights?

OP
OP
delling3

delling3

Reaction score
halogen or HID?

Halogen. Went with Sylvania Ultrawhite. Lots of light, but crappy pattern.

3c4cc37830d99dd759884a1a656b4a90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I figured it was the problem of a HID/led bulb in an old style housing but thats not it. Not sure what you can do to fix that short of a retrofit(tearing them apart and putting a projector inside).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online