Another Tranny Question..

kyle94gt

Reaction score
So I've had my AOD-E rebuilt completely. Reinstalled with new motor mounts and transmission mount. New U Joints. New Converter. Everything. So this makes me wonder why when I'm accelerating, or driving at a constant speed anywhere between 30 and 60mph, it slips. What could be the cause of this?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Because it has a viscous coupling. Eeewww. :hammer:

Okay, sorry for the whoring - carry on.

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
haha yeah.. I didn't get to ask earlier cause I was in a hurry but could it be that the ECM needs to be reprogrammed or anything due to a gear change? I changed to 3.73's before the trans was rebuilt. I'm at a loss for this whole situation lol. it's draining my mind. :nonono:

zero_chance

Reaction score
Not too insult your intelligence but is it the tranny actually slipping or is the engine misfiring? You dont wanna know how many times I get a job thinking its going to be a nice tranny job only to have the supposed slippage be an engine misfire. Because if it was rebuilt the way you describe it should be in mint condition. Well, as mint condition as an AODE can be anyway. If youre still convinced its slippage take it back to the place you had the work done. If you did it yourself... :noes:

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
I'm sure that it's not the trans itself that's acting up. I know all the clutches and all internals were brand new and installed by someone who has owned and operated a trans shop in the area for way longer than I've been around. Due to my work schedule however, I just about have to take a day off of work to get the car to him. It's my DD as well so that kinda sucks. I'm kinda stuck on the lines that it may be something electronical due to it not having a manual kickdown linkage on it and that seems to be what it's doing. I dunno. I figured I'd run a test on the electrical system and see if there are any codes I can pull to find out what's up possibly. As well as adjust the linkage a little. IDK.. it's becoming a P.I.T.A. I pretty much hate automatics for this reason only- they're an :aresehole: to work on. haha. Much rather have a stick but funds are short. :-\

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
how much did it cost you to rebuild your tranny?
im thinkin bout gettin mine rebuilt cuz im havin simliar problems as your mentioning and its becoming a P.I.T.A. cuz my check engine light keeps comin back on so i keep havin to send it back to the shop since thats where my warrenty is...

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
It ran me $1050 to have it rebuilt. The shop that did it is ran by a family friend but it shouldn't be much more. The rebuild kit is only like 400 bucks I believe so the rest is maily profit of labor. The guy that did mine got it the Tuesday before 4th of July, his shop was closed on the 4th and thursday around 11:00 he called me and it was finished. So that's a good estimate of what it should run ya..

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i got a place where my friend told me to tell them that he sent me up there.
they sponsor his dirt track arena car.
hopefully they will give me a good price

OP
OP
K

kyle94gt

Reaction score
yeah i hope so.. i called one place before I called the guy that did mine and they told me 1800 dollars.. :gtfo: are you kidding me haha.. anyway. hope yours comes out good. mine is giving me electronic problems now going in and out of overdrive. oh well. gonna see what the electrical system says next week..

Stangbangin

Reaction score
people charing 1800 for a tranny rebuild should be shot. but then again if there doing all the work with dropping the tranny and rebuilding it I could see that. I would def take it back and tell them its slipping. it shouldn't be. I tihnk you'd know if your engine was misfiring. next time jus thave them throw a t5 in and have some fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online