any diff in 96 and 98cobra engine

95PGTTech

Reaction score
pmot said:
I believe the only differences are plastic IMRC, and improved radiator fans and maby slightly different wireing harnes for the new fans. I don't think the heads are different nor the cams. The air intake is also different i think.

you are correct. the IMRCs are the only "engine" difference. the size and shape of the plates is identical.

pmot

Reaction score
Redline oil has oil additives for engine break in. I think there products work really good we use all there stuff in our old mustangs.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
To hit a point that Chris missed is the fact that your Teksid block can only be bored .030" before hot sleaving is needed. Its something that is unique to the Teksid family of blocks.

pmot

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
To hit a point that Chris missed is the fact that your Teksid block can only be bored .030" before hot sleaving is needed. Its something that is unique to the Teksid family of blocks.
what do you mean they are all Teksid blocks

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:

whats max on a cast block? or a WAP block? (just curious for future reference)

pmot said:
Duff Daddy said:

he meant that this boring limit was unique to all teskid blocks, not including the iron blocks used in GTs or WAP blocks used in Mach 1s.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
pmot said:
Duff Daddy said:

They are but if he gets an aluminum block and doesnt know the difference between a Teksid or WAP then he could be in for a suprise, also for some reason if he wanted an Iron block, then he will have to play some different rules as well.

MustangChris said:
Duff Daddy said:

whats max on a cast block? or a WAP block? (just curious for future reference)

I will check and get back to you on that.

pmot

Reaction score
I read that wap blocks are known to split apart at 800 hp and shouldn't be used when exceding 700hp. The teksid block however is known to be reliable at 1500 hp. I love teksid blocks!

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
pmot said:
I read that wap blocks are known to split apart at 800 hp and shouldn't be used when exceding 700hp. The teksid block however is known to be reliable at 1500 hp. I love teksid blocks!

Read all you want, Teksids are known to hold power a little better but, I would be hard pressed to say a WAP wouldn't hold 1,000 when build correctly. Teksids are cool but they are heavier then the WAP, and ALOT more fussy and picky when it comes to building one. They don't play by the same rules, they don't follow with other blocks and if not taken apart and assembled in the right sequence will distore and could be rendered useless.

pmot

Reaction score
Better than 1500? How much power can the
Teksid handle?
Teksid: 87.15 lbs
WAP: 83.6 lbs
Not a bad trade off for more horsepower capability. (In my opinion)

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I never said it could hold more then the Teksid but I definatly think it can hold more then 800 when its build correctly. And when your talking about weight, I would take the Wap over the teksid every day of the week. I dont NEED to have a block that will hold 1500 hp, not many people do. So why not save the extra 4lbs and put that to your ET (if you have high hp and your going to use the car then its something you would consider)

pmot

Reaction score
True but People who put a ton of money into building there engine might not want to take the chance.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Because they thing they need a block that may hold 1500 hp doesn't mean they aren't mislead. a lot of ppl will get Oliver I beam rods because they are good.... but not because they are needed. You see hat I'm saying? Sure the Teksid is great but not always needed. Hell my Teksid has a cast crank in it and being spun to 7k

Shame302

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
I never said it could hold more then the Teksid but I definatly think it can hold more then 800 when its build correctly. And when your talking about weight, I would take the Wap over the teksid every day of the week. I dont NEED to have a block that will hold 1500 hp, not many people do. So why not save the extra 4lbs and put that to your ET (if you have high hp and your going to use the car then its something you would consider)
Just not the day you bought your teksid? :la:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online