Any good Moates tuners on here?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Got a QH for a steal on another forum from a guy getting out of stangs but while I teach myself to use it I would like to get a good baseline tune. Anyone have any recommendations or know someone who burns mail order tunes? I know they're not optimal but I don't currently have a nuts car either.

Also, now that eectuning.org is back up is that the place I want to be at for teaching myself to Moates or is there some other guide/place I should be going?

Thanks SN95forums.

Addermk2

Reaction score
wait, what?

whats a QH?

Whats tuning?

How do I tie my shoes?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get your self a wide band and talk to adder

decipha

Reaction score
it seems as though keith 'addermk2' has a pretty good thing going on here, from what i've seen browsing around a tad he's highly recommended, i wouldn't want to step in on his scene any

I appreciate the recommendation though :cool:

Magic

Reaction score
it seems as though keith 'addermk2' has a pretty good thing going on here, from what i've seen browsing around a tad he's highly recommended, i wouldn't want to step in on his scene any

I appreciate the recommendation though :cool:

The more knowledgeable guys there are to help with Moates or tuning in general the better IMO.

daltonduree

Reaction score
i have been dicking around with it a bit. you need binary editor to make it easy on yourself. if its a manual its easier to do. if so turn off tip in retard. turn off your erg and thermister. that alone helps quite a bit. if you have different components like a maf or injectors program them in. plenty of people to ask and lots of info. welcome to the late nights of reading.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
i have been dicking around with it a bit. you need binary editor to make it easy on yourself. if its a manual its easier to do. if so turn off tip in retard. turn off your erg and thermister. that alone helps quite a bit. if you have different components like a maf or injectors program them in. plenty of people to ask and lots of info. welcome to the late nights of reading.
"You are wrong there is no such retard"

Addermk2

Reaction score
is he the one that was arguing with us about that?

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys, I'm going to do some reading, been banging around eectuning.org, get the correct software and then just browse through all the settings without changing anything to get a feel for it. However, first I need to:

-Fix what seems to be the coolant hose under the PI manifold leaking
-Pull my t-45 and ship it off to Zak@t45source for a rebuild
-Find someone local with a IRS to buy/install becasue my stock rear is making noise and I've always wanted to swap one in
-Get a wideband
-Get some legit oil/water gauges, throw them in an autometer cluster bezel and I should be good for a 93 octane tune and start driving the car daily again from spring-winter

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
So that Lasota manual is $75, is that worth it? I'm good at following written instructions and $75 plus the $125 shipped I paid for the QH is nothing compared to the price of a single dyno tune. Also do you guys recommend any software specifically? Binary Editor is what the Lasota webpage mentioned and a few other ppl on here mentioned. Is there anything else I'd need?

Addermk2

Reaction score
So that Lasota manual is $75, is that worth it? I'm good at following written instructions and $75 plus the $125 shipped I paid for the QH is nothing compared to the price of a single dyno tune. Also do you guys recommend any software specifically? Binary Editor is what the Lasota webpage mentioned and a few other ppl on here mentioned. Is there anything else I'd need?

it's cheaper to just have me do it, and teach you through the process.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
The manual is worth every penny , Don is one of the best tuners in the country , and am I the only person here that realizes your car is a modular , and yes BE is the only software to use and you will also need a strategy from Adam

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yes my car is a 4.6L Modular. I do not have the Cobra any longer as my signature states haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online