any LSX guys?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Thinking about making an offer on this CTS V. Not sure what would be a good offer..the guy wants 17k. Not sure what it's worth. But maybe he will come down lower..
"I am selling my 2004 Cadillac CTS-V with 130k miles but I have been all over this car and know it inside and out, I bought this car two years ago and NO ONE had ever been into the engine and the car had never been modified or painted/wrecked.
I am a Lexus Senior tech and used to be a GM MASTER tech for four years, all extras were done by me after lots of research on what to use.
This car runs and drives great, it demands attention and turns ALOT of heads for just another 4 door Cadillac. The car shakes when you come to stop at a light at idle just like any hot rod should. This car has been my baby since I bought it and I have SPARED NOTHING for this car.
The car has had ALOT of small custom paint touches such as all the chrome has been BLACKED out, all lights have been blacked out with custom airbrush work on headlight surround, No BADGES anywhere, It is truely mean looking with NO CHEAP PLASTI DIP.. THIS IS ALL PAINT!!!
*Here is the Extra list*Engine:SNL V2 Cam, PRC dual valve springs, full head/valve job, ARP head bolts, GM head gaskets, UMI performance solid engine mounts, Volant Cold air intake, Pacesetter headers, Magna flow X-pipe, SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers/tips, QTP dual electric cutouts, CTSV-R lifters from GM performance, MSD spark plug wires, FAST 42lbs injectors, SNL DYNO TUNE, ASP underdrive pulley, New GM water pump/thermostat, New GM alternator, New GM starter, IWIS timing chain with new Timing gears from Gm, Melling high pressure oil pump, and all gaskets were replaced with new GM gaskets when covers were removed for engine work.
*Transmission/Drivetrain2007 Cadillac CTS-V rear diff (part number 25873498), Creative steel transmission mount, Katech short shifter, SNL stage 2 clutch kit with 28lb flywheel and modified slave cylinder, New GM rear main seal and throwout bearing, GEFORCE 1320 1 pc 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, GEFORCE 1320 CV shafts, FULL BMR rear suspension with subframe mounts/pinion support/toe rods/trailing arms.*Brakes/Wheels/TiresGM performance DRILLED front and rear rotors, EBC red stuff front and rear brake pads, Powder coated Front and rear BREMBO brake calipers, Powder coated stock wheels with new Tire pressure sensor and painted center caps, new black lug nuts with wheel locks, and Nitto 555s 245s up front and 275s out back.*Over $12,000 in EXTRAS ALONE, have pictures of EVERYTHINGI am selling this to build another FUN/FAST project and I get a company car in a couple of months so I don't need it any more but will hate to see it go.
*This car is FAR FROM STOCK and if you are looking for a stock/smooth Caddy with BAD WHEELHOP this is NOT the car for you. THIS CAR HAS NO WHEEL HOP what so ever!!! All the known faults on these cars have been solved with this one and its ready for a BUILT 408 or anything with alot more HP.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
love to hear the cut outs on a caddy. I hear a hot-rodded northstar years ago in a sand rail at the glamis dune that just sounded wicked...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
only problem I see with it is that you will be stuck hanging out with @justinchmidt and listening to him wine about how much faster you are then him :)

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Just emailed the guy offered 12k cash.. if he takes good of not ill keep looking. . Took the mustang apart to do airbags. Don't feel like finishing and it upsets me to see it apart.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
12 sounds like a fair price man. Shit I think 17 is still low lol so you'll steal it at 12k. And it'll be world's faster than the 95. That's always something to be happy about. I don't think your gonna like parting out the Mustang if it upsets you to see it apart tho man

Sent from my SCH-I605

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Just don't feel like working on it any more.

I know the feeling. Mine is sitting dead in my driveway and only thing I plan on doing is getting the storage unit rearranged and jump start it to put it away. I think you'll wanna work on it again someday tho man. Just not right now. I would be interested in some of those parts tho depending on when you part it out if that happens ;)

But if you get turned down on your offer just look at it like a way of being told to keep at the Mustang

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I still have the 98.. I have tons off crap that's going to be coming off and all ready off.. I'll know by monday if ill part it out or not..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol, sounds sweet....Just wondering if that rear end is still not gonna explode?

Those rear ends are total shit...so if you like drag racing I would be worried.

Scott, not sure if you knew but they dont have northstars....the 04 V is a LS6 and there is no way he would be anywhere close to me without a power adder added to that combo lol

12k seems like a fair offer, 17k seems pretty high to me for that mileage.

My car is probably as loud as a car with cut outs full time lol

The video doesnt really do it much justice
'[video=youtube;Nd9bmSDwDQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd9bmSDwDQU[/video]

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Nah he wanted 15k. Not going for it with that mileage.. found a 07 with 100k for 12k.. That's more like it.. emailed the guy. . Justin That's the plan part the mustang and boost the v should be close to your number then. .under the 09 price tag. . 07 had the ls2 a lot better than the ls6 in the 04..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
9Yea just see everyone having issues blowing up rears so hard to put a good number down No matter what power.

600 rwhp in one should be about equal to my setup though from a roll since they're lighter lol

That sounds more like it price wise.

The v2 is on a completely different level as a whole,car though. I looked at the v1...they just weren't all that impressive to me but obviously 3x the price lol
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly.. I don't race So I'm not worried about that. . Yes the second gen is a big improvement all around but the chespest 09 I found was 39k I just can't pay that for a used car. . Especially when when I plan on moding the car..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I hear ya. Go for it then. Can't,beat the ls 4 door 6 speed manual bro. They're fun cars

I still think,I'm retarded for buying it but you can't take it with you when you die...might as well spend it lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online