Any ways to get out scratches on glass?

Bdixon23

Reaction score
My door windows I guess just from over the years have scratches on the outside, streaks up and down the window.. Is there a way to get those out or should I just buy new ones? They just don't look good at all

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sand and buff if you are talking untinted. If they are tinted you probably just need the tint replaced.

OP
OP
Bdixon23

Bdixon23

Reaction score
Well it's not the tint. The windows were like this before I tented them. The tent just made the scratches more noticeable

Sinned83

Reaction score
Never done this but I have seen kits on various web sites autogeek.net detailed image etc

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just got some 3k and 5k grit sandpaper you could try. Wet sand the area till you can't see the scratches anymore. IF the 5k isn't getting it done then go down to the 3k and see if you can get them to fade out. After that work it back up to the 5000 grit till the sanding marks the 3k made are gone. The some buffing compound and a buffing wheel should do the trick. IF you don't have a wheel then go to harbor freight and you can get one that will go into your drill that will do the same thing. It would be the same process that I show here on my intake that took maybe 40 mins total. The polish I use in there would probably work but I can check if your interested and you can get it in the link in my sig.

[video=youtube;rRDhNgF0Q5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRDhNgF0Q5g[/video]

Do it right and your glass should look just like the aluminum when I was done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online