anybody know how to get rid of the door chime or seat belt chime

Green Goblin

Reaction score
man i don't know if anybody else gets as aggrivated with the damn chime. where is it, so i can delete it forever.

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
Wish I knew buddy its damn annoying. I like your car alot though bro.

OP
OP
G

Green Goblin

Reaction score
thanks. i'm working on that sleeper. trying to get it looking and sounding like a v6. she's making around 500 rwhp and a lot more than 500rwtrq on a mustang dyno on 15 psi. working on weight reduction now

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine was taken out before i bought it, it can be a bad thing by leaving the key in the ignition or the headlights on...
but breaking into our cars its so easy so no worries lol

mikey94gt

Reaction score
its next to the fusebox under the dash, a small white box with a speaker hole on the side. if you disconnect it just a bit, it will quit making noise, but still keep the plug out of the way.

tommybunz

Reaction score
look on the drivers side of the trans tunnel. where the obd port is its a big white connector just unplug it

Justang

Reaction score
There is an actual process for this...works with Fords with this system but I don't know exact years and stuff that have this feature.

Deactivating/activating the BeltMinder feature

Read steps 1-9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.
The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure:

Before following the procedure, make sure that:
- The parking brake is set.
- The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
- The ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- All vehicle doors are closed.
- The driver's safety belt is unbuckled.
- The parklamps/headlamps are in OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1-2 minutes.)
- Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.
4. Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
- After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
- This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable BeltMinder if it is currently disabled.
7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by the safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by:
- The safety belt warning light flashing four times per second for three seconds.
- Followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off.
- Once again, the safety belt warning light will flash four times per second for three seconds.
9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

I have personally done this on two Ford vehicles, and was successful both times. Just wanted to share another method.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Thanks for this! Just disabled the belt chime in preparation for some Corbeau seats and harnesses. I plan on removing the OEM seat belts, so this process is necessary. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online