Anyone have these?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
i really think they are a vette thing they pull them off well i read some where that when chevy had the corvette in the scca thats when they used them, but hey its your car and your still a kid i did all kinds of stuff to my car at 16 that i regret now and your going to have that happen to, it happens to all of us, i mean hell i had thoes fake vents on my bumper at one point! :violent4: :icon_puke_r:
Yeah they're a Vette thing. But actually most people don't know that early 60's Cobra's had them as well lol. Honestly I think with blacked out wheels, red calipers, the red hash mark, new edge GT badges and tinted sidemarkers it's gonna look sicck.

^^^ LOL third party purchase!

I think those hash marks look fuggin dope! There's a pic of one on google with a black SN and matte black hashes its hella clean. I thought about doing those on my car but not sure since its white.

Me too lol. I saw that black SN with the matte black hashes it looks dope lol, might go with that or red idk yet. I'd need to see some better pics of that black SN with the matte black hashes to really decide. Right now i'm leanin towards the red since I'll be paintin my calipers, and making my wheels black. Looks sinister imo and thats the look I'm goin for. I think some matte black hashes would look dope on a white cobra

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Found these on google. Looks pretty sick imho. I think matte black it is.
B1F09001-005E-45D9-879B-2CABA59FB9A4-30959-000027E42A5C27FD_zps83485f01.jpg

A5B45A6D-4567-44A4-9130-DD46566D433A-30959-000027E4267A2055_zps3f3e53be.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He's on this forum. His username is [MENTION=16070]mavisky[/MENTION].

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the link was sn95forums lol, pretty sick lookin car he's got. His car helped me decide, matte black it is.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
my buddy has them on his fox. matte black on red. it works cause foxes are so boxy. i don't think they flow at alllll on our cars. if you wan something like that, just get some plastidip and plastidip them on. save yourself some money

RabidPony

Reaction score
Yeah, they look good, but they belong on GS Vettes. Otherwise I would have put them on years ago.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You know that they're not only a Vette / GM thing. They were put on Cobra's and other race cars back in the early 60's.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I got curious and looked it up. Here is what some random guy said. Sounds believable.

The original 4 '63 Grand Sport racers that ran at Nassau were trimmed and painted exactly the same.The pit crews put strips of duct tape on the cars front left fenders to tell them apart when they came into the pits.
One stripe on car #1, two on #2 etc.
The design team that did the '96 GS put the stripes on as part of the commemorative package which is what a '96 Grand Sport is.
Why they chose the color red for the '96 package I do not know

The hash marks also indicate which side of the car the steering is located. They did this because racers who drive on both sides of the pond, often got into the wrong side of the car during Lemans. I think Steve McQueen first came up with the idea

I think it's more of a finishing touch. Looks out of place on a stock car.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^^ It is subtle and looks stealthy imo.
@ walking tall- that's mostly what I've heard too lol.

Austinx56

Reaction score
i think hashmarks are a phase like the harlem shake i bet in a couple of years they will fade out

Austinx56

Reaction score
dont you guy remember when everyone was putting new edge saleen stripes on their 99-04 they put like gt 4.6 behind the stripes instead of saying saleen behind them

mavisky

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments guys. Glad you like them and hope you're enjoying them on your cars as well.