Anyone know what brace this is

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 2103 View attachment 2104
Same reason they threw a useless 25lb weight in the front.
If your looking to tigjten up the chassis that 1x crap does nothing.and goes in the scrap pile.

Underneath of your car is so damn clean!!!!

Update your damn build thread already ol’man!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95opal

Reaction score
Thanks evil
Underneath of your car is so damn clean!!!!

Update your damn build thread already ol’man!!! [emoji38]

But build thread went out the window long ago lol. Instagram updates only. Pretty much approaching the finish line. Hoping to have it down at MW mext year.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks evil

But build thread went out the window long ago lol. Instagram updates only. Pretty much approaching the finish line. Hoping to have it down at MW mext year.

Instagram is for millennial hipsters. Us old school guys key it real on the forum.

Never forget where you came from!!! [emoji38]

Now update the build thread please!!!! [emoji6]

95opal

Reaction score
Thats a lot of work your asking for. Pretty sure its been a couple of years since Photobucket killed it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If useless, why did Ford put them on in the first place?
I think your reading into our words. No one said they are useless, we just said that if you are looking to stiffen your chassis there are better ways. They obviously are better then nothing, but if someone out there were considering getting one of these thinking that its a sub frame connector or as good as one, its not. I could see people running them where the race rules say you can't use aftermarket stiffening but otherwise I don't see any reason to add one to a car again unless rules say. As opel said the stiffners kit is much better.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I think your reading into our words. No one said they are useless, we just said that if you are looking to stiffen your chassis there are better ways. They obviously are better then nothing, but if someone out there were considering getting one of these thinking that its a sub frame connector or as good as one, its not. I could see people running them where the race rules say you can't use aftermarket stiffening but otherwise I don't see any reason to add one to a car again unless rules say. As opel said the stiffners kit is much better.

95opal DID call them useless. Read his post. Like you said, don't read into my words more than I am saying. There are a ton of aftermarket braces that really help stiffen up an SN95 and do a much better job than the factory pieces but the factory pieces are not useless. My car has the factory X-brace, MM subframe connectors (yes, have a drink!) and a triangulated Kenny Brown rear shock brace to help out the Hellwig sway bars, Vogtland lowering springs, and orange Konis. I'm still trying to find a strut tower brace that doesn't hit my BBK CAI, and will install that too. If I was going autocrossing or building a track car I would definitely go the direction that 95opal did, but nabbing an x-brace out of a boneyard regtop and bolting it into a coupe would be an inexpensive and easy upgrade.

95opal

Reaction score
95opal DID call them useless. Read his post. Like you said, don't read into my words more than I am saying. There are a ton of aftermarket braces that really help stiffen up an SN95 and do a much better job than the factory pieces but the factory pieces are not useless. My car has the factory X-brace, MM subframe connectors (yes, have a drink!) and a triangulated Kenny Brown rear shock brace to help out the Hellwig sway bars, Vogtland lowering springs, and orange Konis. I'm still trying to find a strut tower brace that doesn't hit my BBK CAI, and will install that too. If I was going autocrossing or building a track car I would definitely go the direction that 95opal did, but nabbing an x-brace out of a boneyard regtop and bolting it into a coupe would be an inexpensive and easy upgrade.
Yes i did say its useless i can flex that x brace by hand. Ford only put it in for NVH reduction just like the 25lb weight. Does it do what ford needed it to do? yes so does the 25lb weight. Will you notice a difference wirhout it? No same for your rear shock brace it does nothing. If you feel better having it on by all means leave it.

OP
OP
BillG

BillG

Reaction score
If you plan on staying with the stock k-member ditch the factory x brace and look into a maximum mototorsports 4 point k member brace. If you have plans for a tubular k just wait and run the stifflers k member brace with there spider brace. Either one of those is leaps and bounds above the useless x brace.
I looked on there site and there was nothing for a 95 convertible.

95opal

Reaction score
I looked on there site and there was nothing for a 95 convertible.
You wont find one for vert specific. You buy the coupe version. There is no difference beside being roofless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online