Anyone replaced drivers seat motors?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any unforeseen difficulties or hurdles when replacing them? Seems simple enough, but I’m having my bolt-in subframe connectors welded in and am curious if that affects the R&R of the drivers seat. Should I do the motors first, THEN the welding? Or does it make a difference and they’re essentially unrelated?

Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that will not make a difference. It might not be the motor I had mine go out one time and all it needed was the worm gear cleaned/lubed and another time the switch had a broken contact

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, ttocs! I’ve already got the replacement motors and the originals are 27 years old, so I’m pretty ok with just replacing them and filing my decision under “preventive maintenance “! I know, I know…. If it aint broke… but here again my OCD-ness kicks in and takes over! LOL

Cheers, good sir!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mission accomplished! Only replaced the horizontal motor. Sending vertical back but, The vertical was fine. Seat works like new! Lovin’it…..

Next….. use that new leather conditioner on the seats.

Last edited:

Chip66

Reaction score
Wow, I don't feel so alone anymore...

Top of the day back to ya Daryl!
I too agree with this philosophy. If you want to rely on these older cars, preventative maintenance is a must.

I wouldn't hesitate to take my '94 across the country tomorrow. In fact, it went from St. Louis to Charlotte, NC, and back last September.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online