aode to t5 swap, need help

punksable

Reaction score
hey i want to change my aode to a t5 in my 95 gt, do i need to go with 94 95 set up or will the 93 and down work, i know i need a new computer, i am not sure on the shaft length, i heard the 94/95's were longer, i figured what i would need is the t5, bell housing, flywheel, clutch, pedals, and slave. i am planning on buying a short throw shifter and new cables. dont know if the v6 set up is the same.

is there anything i need to check or get because i want to have all the parts i will need first and do it one time.

also if anyone has parts for sale let me know, currently looking for a donor car, or just buy parts as they come along,

thanks larry

zero_chance

Reaction score
Never done the swap but dont try to look for the slave cylinder or else youll be wasting time. No slaves on these cars till 05+ . Strictly cable and leg power.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i did the exact same swap on my car. it was not hard at all. just take your time. make sure to get the car high enough off the ground. you will need the following for the swap:
94-95 specific t-5 and bellhousing
flywheel & clutch
pedals
t4mo manual computer
t-5 wiring harness

i found the tranny and belhousing used on corral.net. the flywheel, clutch, clutch fork, pilot and throwout bearing bought brand new from local parts store.
pedals, computer came from ebay. the harness came from mps auto salvage.com i believe. i saved a bunch of money and did my homework on the swap. you will also need the lower shift and upper shift boot which you can get from any mustang store like cj pony parts etc. i was told from a few sources to get the 5spd computer and the harness so the car will not have any driveablity issues. good luck to you

OP
OP
P

punksable

Reaction score
hey thanks i got just about everything now, i got the 95 bellhousing, clutch fork, dust shield, fork cover, new steeda adjustible quad with firewall adjuster, king cobra clutch, new 50 0z flywheel, computer, bezel with boot, pedal asslembly, new bolts and dowl pins, synthetic geal oil.

the only thing i dont have is this harness??? there is only one conector on the t5 and that is for the back up lights, do i really need this harness or cant i just graft the wires to it.

this harness how many plugs does it have on it, does it go to the computer under the dash or just under the car????

if you can please help let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online