sn95 to coyote swap parts list

sn95identifiedasFox

Reaction score
I know I can ask for each individual part thru Google but I hate google!! so I was hoping someone here would be nice enuff to throw a budget build parts list. I am gonna use a gen 1 mustang coyote not truck. maybe a gen 2 if I can find one close to the $1000 I found the gen 1 for., gonna use my T5 with upgraded stg 2 south bend good for 675hp. I want to try to stay below $5k.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You already have a computer to make it run? That's the one thing that'll be a big cost to figure out, whether it's FRPP control pack or some custom application. Power by the Hour does similar stuff but it's still $$$.

OP
OP
sn95identifiedasFox

sn95identifiedasFox

Reaction score
You already have a computer to make it run? That's the one thing that'll be a big cost to figure out, whether it's FRPP control pack or some custom application. Power by the Hour does similar stuff but it's still $$$.
I was gonna go thru them for the harness, I need to verify that then engine I'm buying comes with the ECU.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yea, that's a big factor. I once bought a computer as a spare from the FB marketplace and paid something like a couple hundred. But with those kinds of deals you just never know until you know.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What year is your car? You said t5, do you have a bellhousing that uses the modular bolt pattern? The pushrod 5.0 and v6 share a bellhousing pattern and it’s different from the 4.6, 5.4, coyote.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score

weendoggy

Reaction score
Budget? What? I commend you on putting one there, but in reality, unless you get a lot of stuff (that works) at a basement price, I doubt you can make that mark. However, I guess it could be done. When you start piecing items together, cost goes up. You want the engine/PCM/harness all at once. Stock PCM needs no tune, but maybe PATS delete. As mentioned, bell housing for T5. PBH has good stuff, but not cheap. You then have lots of "bits/pieces" to fit the rest. This forum helped me in a few areas to get things I needed. jmo

OP
OP
sn95identifiedasFox

sn95identifiedasFox

Reaction score
$1350 for the gen 1, $1000 harness, headers and x pipe setup $1200, I have a 95 sn95 with a 5.0 and t5

OP
OP
sn95identifiedasFox

sn95identifiedasFox

Reaction score
I need the bare minimum of parts to complete the swap. I'm not boosting it, I'm not dragging it or anything just stock coyote maybe a tune later.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’m not saying you are but just in case, please don’t take what we’re saying as criticism. We all want you to succeed and if you can do this for $5k, we will be impressed. Everyone you’ve heard from has a Coyote swapped SN, myself included, and we just know how these projects can go.

The biggest additional cost you’re currently facing is the T5 to Modular bellhousing. The only one I know of is made by QuickTime and it’ll run you around $950.

OP
OP
sn95identifiedasFox

sn95identifiedasFox

Reaction score
not taking anything negatively. just asking people that know what I can do, I can go a little over I have this year and next if I can't do it all this time

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
what was the deal with needing to change cams and phasers and the journals?

In my case, I swapped from F-150 to Mustang cams. The thought was needing the Mustang firing order to use Holley EFI but in reality it didn’t matter because it was user definable. It only matters if you use the Ford control pack, which requires Mustang cams. If you use a stock ECU, you’ll likely need to use the cams from the vehicle the ECU came from.

In the end, I went with aftermarket cams that offered more duration.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Gen 1 engines are just fine, and I actually prefer them. My gen 1 with a gen 3 intake and long tube headers made 436 hp at the wheels.

Gen 1 mustang and f150 share the same firing order, so you’re fine there. You will need a tune any way you twist it. You will not get the harness for $1000.

The absolute best bet is the control pack, and that’s $2500. You will need the fuse box, accelerator pedal, and all the wiring.

You can use factory parts (computer and wiring) but you have to send the computer to someone and get PATS deleted then get it tuned.

Do you have an aftermarket k member? You will need that to clear the oil pan and the headers. Stock mustang coyote headers will not fit. The stock oil pan will fit fine, you just have to watch steering rack clearance.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
You cannot keep the vacuum brake booster or your power steering pump. You’ll need hydroboost for the brakes and a 96-04 power steering pump. Or Volvo electric power steering pump. Or manual brakes and steering

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.