Aode to T5 swap shifter handle issue

riot9maker

Reaction score
So I swapped a T5 into my car this weekend. Was told it was out of a 94/95... but i had to cut a hole in floor to clearance the shifter and the shifter handle is right up against the dash in 1st, 3rd, and 5th... It had a Hurst Short Throw in it right now. Any suggestions on a new shifter or handle that will help move the shifter back? The MGW orange looks pretty legit. Any one have any experience with it? thanks!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You always need to cut the floor a bit for 5 speed swaps in these cars. I actually took the tranny shifter base from a standard car and put in my car.... I had one of those junk hurst shifters in my car and I did hit the dash as well

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I really liked the adjustability of the b&m pro ripper. You can adjust tension left to right and height. Plus it was extremely short so you probably wouldn't have issues with it clearing.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really liked the adjustability of the b&m pro ripper. You can adjust tension left to right and height. Plus it was extremely short so you probably wouldn't have issues with it clearing.

Yea that's what I put in my car this time I've used almost every shifter now lol

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Yea that's what I put in my car this time I've used almost every shifter now lol

Haha I know how you feel. I'm very picky about my shifters. I've had a ripper, pro ripper, mgw, and now a pro5.0 and by for far the pro5.0 is my favorite. But as far as adjustability goes the pro ripper has it topped