Article: September 2012 ROTM - Mike93SVT

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
September ROTM!! Mike93SVT

Mike93SVT

wow, that's awesome. basically i had been playing with mustangs for about 10 years doing the normal bolt ons and drooling on the forums. finally decided that i wanted to build the car i dreamed of, no matter how long it took. i found a great car while in iraq and my wife went and bought it. i came home and stripped it down after only driving it once around town. it went to the chassis shop and got more done that originally planned. that was the only time it left the garage until it drove this year (took 2 years).

what was supposed to be a clean street car that could one day run 10's on pump gas turned into a serious build. took longer than expected and obviously more expensive. i had to seriously step up my learning and knowledge to accomplish it but i'm extremely happy with the results. the car is a blast to drive right now but i still want to drive to the track in full street trim, air the tires down and knock down some 10.40 passes and drive home. one day i'll step that goal up to 9's. but gotta take baby steps. this spring the goal is 11.70's and we'll go from there

it's a 95 GT and was bone stock, one owner when i bought it

now boasts:

10pt chromoly cage with swingouts
thru the floor sub frames
team z mini tub
aluminum trunk pan and rear seat delete

built 8.8 with 9in ends
strange 33 spline axles
strange spool
4.10 gears

all team z front and rear suspension
strange coil overs on all four corners

sits on billet specialties street lites
15x12 with 325/50 et streets
15x4.5 and kuhmo front runners

a1000 pump with teflon lines (supports over 1k hp with pump upgrade)

megasquirt ecu (great piece)

tremec 3550 trans and king cobra clutch

stock 302 shortblock
twisted wedge heads
custom cam from Bullet Cams
victor efi intake
42lb injectors (blower soon)
bbk longtubes
custom made exhaust
custom CAI

initial dyno made 290hp and 290tq uncorrected at 6,500ft elevation. corrected was 346hp at sea level

unfortunately i haven't had time to take better pics. i have a handful of winter upgrades to knock out like stepping up to 1 3/4 longtubes, 3in exhaust including tailpipes (dumps are too loud cruising), better clutch, and a 90mm throttle body. come spring i plan to spend plenty of time at the track and maximize this combo into the 11.70 range until adding the supercharger. i'm contemplating building my own eaton m122 setup.

started with this

P1010176.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0233-1.jpg

DSC_0232-1.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
congrats mike. cant deny that fn engine bay. great looking car in all aspects my man!!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Absolute work of art. Congrats on the win. Very well earned.

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!!!

been busy lately and hadn't come on the forum. thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate it. just in celebration i'm gonna drive the car to grab some beer later. gonna be interesting since she's running open headers at the moment!!! haha

thanks
mike

justi88

Reaction score
Congrats bro! Thats a clean engine bay you have there bro, and good times at the strip also. Where your times done at 6000 ft? I live at 8400 ft and id love to have a fast N/A stang. Maybe you can post some vids of the car at idle and WOT.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Congrats glad you won for this month got my vote. The cars so tastefully done