Auto-> Manual swap?

VenomStang96

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good idea on what I'd be getting into. I know there is an article on AllFordMustangs.com but that is for 5.0 Mustangs. Would it be basically the same steps? I figure it's feasible b/c I know a mechanic who will help me do it. Please leave any info here. Thnaks in advance.

STNG_96

Reaction score
Ive thought about this too, what all parts are needed to do the complete swap? I know tranny, clutch, clutch pedals, shifter, different driveshaft, wiring harness for reverse? ANything else?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I cant remember the name of the company but there is somebody in the mags that offers complete packages for swaps like the auto to t5, look thru your stack and try to find it, I know it is a TOTAL kit with all the parts needed. Ill try to find it and post it up.

sn98gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I cant remember the name of the company but there is somebody in the mags that offers complete packages for swaps like the auto to t5, look thru your stack and try to find it, I know it is a TOTAL kit with all the parts needed. Ill try to find it and post it up.
http://www.mpsautosalvage.com/products/index.cfm
formerly stangparts.com... there updating everything still :(

Kevin

Reaction score
The only thing that's "hard" about doing this is you have to cut a hole in the floor. You will need pedals, clutch cable, tranny, clutch, flywheel, bell housing, all bolt, drive shaft, cross member, tranny mount, wiring for the back up lights, shifter, shifter plate. I'm sure I'm missing a few things. All and all not hard to do.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"How to cut a hole in the floor?"

you could:
use a hole saw
cutting disk in a grinder
plasma cutter
unibit (up to 1 1/8")
or go around the perimeter - drilling holes really close
together, then cut the remaining metal out.

:D

Another option for the parts associated with the swap is find a doner car.
junk yard, salvage ect. and take them off that one.

U also may need a different flywheel, you'd have to look into it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You want to swap just because of the fun factor? Otherwise stay with the 4R70W...Put some coin into the auto and you'll be just as fast or faster then 5 speeds and they are WAY stronger then fords shitty 5-speeds. If your gonna do a swap to manual atleast go for a Viper Spec 6 sp from D&D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online