Autometer Water Temp Gauge Install. Help Needed!!

ThePope

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I tryed searching the stangnet forum and here and I get different answers from everyone so I wanted to start a new post. I am installing a autometer (PN4331) water temp gauge in my 98 GT. Now everyone says the best place to go is on the bolt on the left side of the block. Others say there is a T of some sort that works on the intake. I wanted go know if anyone has done either or and how it works out. I also read putting it in the block is no good b/c the sensor falls into the block but I saw on the autometer site there is a fitting (PN2275) that works. So if anyone can help me out on this, I would appreciate it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It should, the sender still needs to be submerged to read accurately...how the info is sent to the gauge (either electric or mechanical) is secondary. I like that method of tapping into a hose with the autometer T adapter...i'm gonna use that myself when i add water/trans temp gauges.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
That is a great way to install a gauge like that! But by going mechanical it is going to be very tough to get that gauge in your interior!

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
That is a great way to install a gauge like that! But by going mechanical it is going to be very tough to get that gauge in your interior!

How do you figure that?

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
scarface said:
it wont be hard, just go through one of the body plugs.

Thats what I was going to do. when it comes to gauge installation im very clean with installing it. I just wanted to see what he would say. :D

S

scarface

ThePope said:
scarface said:
it wont be hard, just go through one of the body plugs.

Thats what I was going to do. when it comes to gauge installation im very clean with installing it. I just wanted to see what he would say. :D
oopps my bad then.

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
I think I figured this all out. I think im going to just remove the passanger side sensor on the intake and hook it up there. Does anyone know the size of that hole so I can see if autometer makes a fitting for it?

S

scarface

if I remember correctly it should come with a fitting that will work

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
scarface said:
if I remember correctly it should come with a fitting that will work

I just went outside to test fit it and its to big :(