Autozone dipstick

A_+

Reaction score
Im having trouble trying to place the tube back in its hole. i was struggling with this dipstick for hours yesterday and im about to go back out there here in a bit, to struggle with it some more. Im starting to think i may have bent the tube out of shape so im wondering if anyone here has used that $9 spectre dipstick from autozone and if it fits well in your engine.
thanks.

Suspect

Reaction score
i doubt anything laying around from az is going to work. if it really needs replaced check the jy's or post a wtb. hell ill go look and see if i have one laying around..

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What kinda engine you working with ? Mod motors i tend to use the lokar flexible dipstick and with pushrods I usually just use a straight ford racing unit , it's cheap and easy to fit .

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, Az didn't have any and I want about to order that piece of junk. I ended up bending the end of the tube that goes to the block,slightly and it went in. Its touching the header a little but its in really tight. Probably because shoved behind the manifold. Oh well, its in so I'm not gonna mess with it..although I'm afraid I'm going to have to since I replaced my header gasket and will need to tighten up the bolts.....:(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online