Axel ?s

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
So im wanting to set up to do some street/strip setup on my 95gt. Been toying the idea of 31 spline diff and axels. Not looking to buy right now so please dont offer. After my hci is done i will probably dig around to buy.

I am new to this and please lend any knowledge on the swap to 31. Parts, whats better for my application than others.

Warning : TO MUCH AWESOME

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so, you can go with hardened 28 spline axles and keep the factory t-lok. that's a popular, budget friendly, reliable option.

I went 31 spline and replaced EVERYTHING. it was pricey.
31 spline differential (i went with the Eaton)
31 spline axles (i went with moser)
new fluid
seals

and thats about it.

While the axles are out, i suggest C-clip elimination kit (moser), welding the axle tubes, and ARP wheel studs.

if you have the extra money, you can put in axle tube bracing, differential girdle, new bushings, and a nice powder coat ;)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like Chris said you'll be fine with 28 spline . I've been pretty evil to cars with 28 spline axles even stock ones . I do recommend hardened axles if ur not scared of dumping the clutch at 5k on slicks like me

94yellow50

Reaction score
I was just in this situation as well. I chose to do 31 spline upgrade. Reason being I snapped a 28 spline axle from Yukon that was supposed to be a hardened axle and I was only launching at 4600 on slicks. I read stories of people running way faster than I was on stock or hardened 28 splines and also of people breaking them. I decided if im doing it im doing it right this time. Moser 31 spline hardened, 31 spline ford trac loc with carbon clutches, new gear and all new bearings seals for whole housing. Im in it for about 500. not including labor to put together which I wont have since will be doing myself. Fwiw, I have read a lot that c clip eliminators aren't good for street because they can leak with all the corners and flexing. Drag strip only then yes I would run them.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I rock a 31 spline Auburn pro with mosers. Loooooove it. Got the whole setup housing to brakes for 900. Don't be afraid to buy 31 spline stuff used, just check to make sure everything spins properly lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
No shit that's actually pretty cool Charles. I should have figured you'd live close to them but right up the street that's awesome. If I have any issues with mine I'll send it your way haha

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
back in the day my friend snapped an axle with a stock '03 GT and Nitto DRs so I got scared and went with Moser 31 spline axles and an '03 Cobra diff. the Moser 28 spline is probably plenty for what I do with my car but I don't like doing stuff twice.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Buy 28 spline axles, if you brake it, then I will buy you the axles for a 31..... 25% stronger then stock, if you break them then you have either waaaay over clutched the car or dont know how to drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nike04life

Members online