banging in front suspension

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You lowered your car without changing the struts?

Regardless, make sure the bumpstops are intact.

robb15033

Reaction score
Without bumpsteer & X2 balljoints aligned properly, I wouldn't feel comfortable with function. Caster camber plates installed incorrectly have been heard with bangs when hitting bumps.

Redford

Reaction score
So you say you went 2+ inches lower than stock? Do you drive a convertible? I have the H&R SS springs (1.5-2 inch drop I believe) and over large seams and ripples I hear the same noise, but it's because of the factory convertible brace underneath the oil pan/k-member.

Try checking for signs of impact around that area too.

OP
OP
D

daltonduree

Reaction score
well i replaced the entire front suspension and may have idenified the problems but the noise is gone. replaced all bushings ball joints shocks and repaired a striped out bolt hole on the cc plates. now how do i get the ride to be a little less harsh? also now when engine braking sometimes i get a grinding like noise... and ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robb15033

Reaction score
well i replaced the entire front suspension and may have idenified the problems but the noise is gone. replaced all bushings ball joints shocks and repaired a striped out bolt hole on the cc plates. now how do i get the ride to be a little less harsh? also now when engine braking sometimes i get a grinding like noise... and ideas?

My very best advice is to take it to your Mustang shop and let them look it over and talk to them about any concerns. They know our cars inside and out, can do practically anything you need so that you'll be utilizing a nice suspension package to the fullest, at its best.
I am enjoying this thread. More info, the better. I'm learning more every day. Thanks.

OP
OP
D

daltonduree

Reaction score
yeah we dont have any "mustang" shops around here. its nebraska. anyways im just curious what could cause the new sound

robb15033

Reaction score
yeah we dont have any "mustang" shops around here. its nebraska. anyways im just curious what could cause the new sound

I have read many' a tread in suspension topic categories that referenced lots of people using a "speed shop" for Mustang bumpsteer kit alignments, proper caster camber plate installation (you'd be surprised how often), and others.
Anyway, -Good Luck!
Someone here will answer your questions soon. Guru's all over this forum, smart as hell..

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
This thread is going to help me out... Lowered my car last week and haven't driven it yet because all the snow/salt. Keep us posted and good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online