Basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Still looking for a good hot side but at least I'm getting my suspension front and rear all done so it will handle extra HP.

Looking for a good one or looking for a cheap one? I thought you already had one, but balked at the ideas given above. Remember good/fast/cheap - pick 2 and on a hotside I think I would go ahead and pull my big boy pants up, write the check really fast with my eyes closed and then go install it and start grinning to forget the payment part...

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I do have one but not sure I want to use it,its the one from Cxracing or SS performance depending on where you buy it,I know the exhaust manifolds fit being I tested them on my new block for fitment,better fit then the on3 for sure but not sure I want to use them.
I spent a bunch on springs,sway bars,rear control arms,seats and mounting brackets so now I need to save up a few more bucks to buy a good/better hotside,don't care if it's used as long as it's in good working order,I can repaint/refinish the pipes,my search goes on and if the price is right I'll buy.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just cut and weld what you have. Stop wasting time looking for another kit.

Or like I said, send me a 351w bg kit and I'll send you my 302 bg kit!! Still sounds like a win win to me since this kit has only had dyno time.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
It's not worth cutting up,you would need to cut both flanges off and refit the tubes so ALL manifold bolts fit without rubbing against the tubes like they do now,you think you spend that much the manifolds would at least fit as good as BBKs, at least with the BBKs I can put the two end bolts in a few threads and then easily put in the other six bolts....Not so with the on 3 set up and getting a open end wrench on is another challenge if you can get all 8 bolts started............I was pretty much told to bad thanks for your money so I still have a bit of anger in me about the whole on3 deal..........
Still going turbo just stepping back for a bit as I see what I want to do....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure why your mad the word with on 3 the whole time has been that its an entry level kit that needs a lot of work to fit properly.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
not sure why your mad the word with on 3 the whole time has been that its an entry level kit that needs a lot of work to fit properly.
This is true,wouldn't even call it entry level but sometimes you just have to find out for yourself and hel ya it was a expensive lesson and I should of just built it piece by piece,would of been better off......
Well like I said I'm hymn n and haw n what route to take,at least the cold side fit and exhaust from turbo to Pypes fit,just taking some time and seeing what I can find and yes I know there is a offer out there,now that it's back running again and I have done these other mods I will put a bit more time and thought into the hot side but who knows what route I might go,at least the Bama tune hasn't let me down and is doing what it should do so far.

Paxton or something comes to mind.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
At least I can drive it for now.
845eaa029b348019c4f8639447d5e7fd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First question would be if you have the other hotside sitting there then why aren't you using it???

Second thing would be, why aren't you going after on3 for the money in court?? Take pics and document it and take em to small claims. They distribute to all states so the law says you can rightfully file in your state and they have to show up. If they don't then they will lose and you can pursue all of your money and cost of going after them.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Would you use that one I have ? I was under the impression that it's a cheeper one then on3 but it does fit better at least on my new motor on the engine stand,header bolts fit without issue.
And ya you have a valid point about going after them to correct a wrong.
I'll run the car the way it is till end of July and then pull the exhaust and see how it goes with the CXracing hotside,might need to modify the exhaust pipe coming off the turbo,make it longer,maybe.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it fits better I don't see the issue. You already own it so you might as well.

Last time I checked this thread was created and named for a "basic turbo for 94-95 GT 5.0"

We all kept waiting for it to be finished, you've done the spending and the work so just do it already.

Just think of it this way, Adder put in a lot of time and effort and pure caring into giving you info.............ok so really he just yelled at you and laughed at you a lot but he still did it with the intentions of helpin you understand and build it.

So just finish building it!!!! :)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Would I put it on the car and try it or just keep looking at it in the corner of the garage? You can always take it off if it doesn't work or if you find another. Hell just putting a part on the car you do not want will increase your chance of finding the part you want by %50 if karma treats you like it does me.

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
Your right,soon as the weather cools a bit and the humidity drops I'll put the ones I have on and see how it goes,this set doesn't have bungs for the o2 sensors but it has for air and I can just do a o2 delete or have the shop weld in a bung on each manifold.
Im on it soon as the heat and humidity drop some.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Meanwhile... I'm down here in Myrtle Beach at Mustang Week... putting all kinds of miles on my On3 turbo kit.

But since you want to recreate the wheel... we'll just sit back and patiently wait for you to let the "we told you so" to sink in.

One day you'll stop thinking, and just do what you've been suggested to do, by those of us who have been there... numerous times.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
See.......^^ adder giving ya more love!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ranger56528

ranger56528

Reaction score
I finally feel it and yep it's sunk in......Got all the pieces gathered up and ready to go soon as it cools down. The altenator went out in my F150 so I need to pick one up tomorrow along with a set of header gaskets for the hotside.

cam302

Reaction score
So you want to let the on3 kit go?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online