Been a while... few things I've been working on -- TF wheels -- new pics on pg 4

thorco3

Reaction score
I haven't posted anything in a long time... so why not post a couple pics

the interior is getting some shiney parts :eek:ccasion14:

4377511762_fe8c071b65_o.jpg

and the shift lever is bent way too much for my liking, so it was cut in half and angled about 15 degress to the side as well

4377511842_f800b6c3cf_o.jpg

4376762845_f15fdc0b29_o.jpg

The stock boot is being replaced by a nice redlinegoods leather boot... sorry, can't find my pics of the boots. but here's a mock up of how it should look.

4376762907_36ff2039b6_o.jpg

I did go ahead and install the ebrake boot tonight though.

4377249253_292c4377ba_o.jpg

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score
Re: So, been a while... just a couple things I've been working on

The exterior is getting some love too... I've been talking about it forever, but the decklid was finally painted... so I'm getting it all straightened out.

One of the coolest things is the latch, it came from the 98 so I'm going to wire it up for the trunk release button. Stoaked about that, just trying to come up with a cool place to locate the button.

kind of a teaser pic untill the car is ready to come out of storage.

4377249005_139a4edccc_o.jpg

Something new should be on the way as well, but I have to stay hush hush on that subject for the time being... :sleepy1:

lrall

Reaction score

You are just in time to answer questions for me!! Is the trim piece billet? I know there is a plastic trim piece passed off as the 'bullitt' trim piece. Where did you order yours from and how does it attach? I also have a set of redline shift boots on the way. I am wondering how to attach the shifter boot because my shifter bezel is from an automatic, would goop work? I had half a thought of using a piece of plastic and that billet bezel to sandwich it in somehow. Thoughts?

F

FullThrottleStangs

good to see ya brothah! stang looks nice. oh btw your on the roll call for yellow mustangs thread! post up some pics! oh and did i mention your stang looks nice? lol :eek:ccasion14:

blkmcnasty

Reaction score

I like the way that setup looks yo. But hey i had that shift knob and the freakin thing rattled after a few hard shifts. Its a two piece aluminum right? I hope you have better luck cause it drove me crazy

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score

loooks neat!

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score

well, it's hard to say Lrall, I just put the ebrake boot in tonight and the shifter boot is going to need some work. I ordered a super short one, because I want the handle to show... but I should have gotten ahold of them and ordered a custom one. I think I'm going to do a little customizing of mine before I go to install it.

the billet shifter bezel is from upr, highly recommended it looks awesome... I haven't installed it yet though either. It's kind of hard to explain but it attaches with screws on the bottom side. the top screws are just for looks.

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score

thanks guys.

blkmcnasty, I got the shifter ball from upr it's billet and synthetic composit. Looks to be a very nice peice... I'll try it out, if it's a piece of crap then I'll get rid of it.

Slykin

Reaction score

I'm interested in the e-brake boot.. I have the crappy '94 console and the e-brake cover ( not the boot, just the crappy rubber thing that the handle sits between) split so I replaced it, but it comes from the factory installed with melted plastic "rivets". I can't get my replacement one to stay on and it looks like crapola!

Slykin

Reaction score

Oh, and the picture of the e-brake boot didn't work for me.

lrall

Reaction score

thorco3 said:
well, it's hard to say Lrall, I just put the ebrake boot in tonight and the shifter boot is going to need some work. I ordered a super short one, because I want the handle to show... but I should have gotten ahold of them and ordered a custom one. I think I'm going to do a little customizing of mine before I go to install it.

the billet shifter bezel is from upr, highly recommended it looks awesome... I haven't installed it yet though either. It's kind of hard to explain but it attaches with screws on the bottom side. the top screws are just for looks.
Cool, if they screw up through the bottom I might just glue it and fab up a pice of plastic to go around the hole or something. Is it shiney chrome billet I see? I'm looking for a brushed look but want metal not plastic

OP
OP
thorco3

thorco3

Reaction score

this is billet alum, it's brushed, but I did go over it with a little billet polish. They do sell them polished as well.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score

Is your car a GTS by chance? I see V6 seats and no trunk release button is weird. Mine is in the glove box. I always did think your car was the nicest canary yellow on the site though...

greenscobie86

Reaction score

Looks sick as always.

Nice idea on the shifter handle. I always thought those "rock crusher" types of handle's were bent a little too much. I'm glad I am not the only one.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score

Rice_slayer said:
Is your car a GTS by chance? I see V6 seats and no trunk release button is weird. Mine is in the glove box. I always did think your car was the nicest canary yellow on the site though...

yes it is a GTS

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

Looks great man...I think you just inspired me to get new shifter/ebrake boots...its a nice upgrade. It really updates/classes up the interior.

97NYstanGT

Reaction score

looks sick, i love the idea with the shifter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online