BEEN BUSY.

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in awhile, but I've been busy with the cobra. Last I posted, I was swapping my Teksid bottom end out for a marauder WAP bottom end. Well all that worked out for a few weeks and she ran OK. DATAlogs showed the knock sensors were pulling A TON of timing above 4K. I think I felt it's full power maybe twice. Then this happened during my first quarter mile pass and confirmed my suspicions.. (The 1/4 run was a 14.60@98 lol.)
image_zps6zj30nke.jpeg

Since then she's been sitting in the garage. Slowly coming apart for the new build while I swap and buy parts that are accumulating in my spare bedroom. How she looks now.
image_zpst7tvxjuw.jpeg

image_zpseqgcs1jx.jpeg

Mso far I have an all new bottom end less the rods. They're used and I got them for under $100. I'll probably start a new thread about those. Teksid is freshly machined and bored .020 over. The new crank is a factory ford Kellogg since the orig crank was eaten up the first time she spun a bearing. Too deep for undersized bearings. New aeromotive fuel pump, fuel rails, new oil pump and pick up, MMR flat top Pistons on the way along with the rest of my ARP hardware.
The cams are factory Cobra R Take outs which just sold. I'm going to go with custom grinds now. All in all she's coming back together slowly but surely. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again. Got this ride for a steal, but she's been a pain since the day I brought it home. Still love it. Pics!
image_zpsjjhgpdc5.jpeg

image_zpsgwn8o9jj.jpeg

Already installed this QA1 K member. One of my big goals is to get weight down a couple hundred lbs next year. This K is my favorite mod so far.
image_zpskj3t4apd.jpeg

Thats it for now. Going to get this block together when my Pistons get here then decide if I can afford the head work or not.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, good job on that parts list. I was just thinking about this car a couple days ago. Glad to see you back on here.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Man, good job on that parts list. I was just thinking about this car a couple days ago. Glad to see you back on here.

Thanks. I seriously lost interest for a month or so after it blew the second motor. I was considering selling the car as a roller and getting a GT shell to throw the 4V in. But I got lucky and flipped a free civic that needed a head and made some much needed extra cash for the rebuild. Now it's just a matter of extra time.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Keep at it man, I would love to see this car back together and in good shape! Looks like you've got the parts to make it happen at this point

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
6de551c0ed9c51ee3b43d7ae4d5cb3f6.jpg

4087ac990584fb269dce362e2f1c69fc.jpg

B-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

I am completely baffled at how that poor rod did not end up all over the race track and in my oil pan. I drove her the ten or so miles home and she locked up IN MY DRIVEWAY! LOL. That WAP block held up like a champ though. Already had her checked out for a future 2V stroker build. That'll be next years project. High compression nitrous loving 2V fox body is the plan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online