Before and after pics of tailpipe polishing with Chemical Guys

KidK9

Reaction score
Hey all. Here are some before and after tail pipe polishing pics. I used Chemical Guys Metal Shine. Overall, this took me less than an hour total for both tails. Any other tips on how to get the remaining spots out?
photo-63.JPG
photo-62.JPG

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it. The pits are just kind of there at this point. Looks much better though

OP
OP
KidK9

KidK9

Reaction score
I looked at at them again. Some are pits, but some are not. Some are just the stupid road tar that everyone gets on their bumpers. I tried bug/tar remover but that didn't work.

Sinned83

Reaction score
You should be able to remove all those spots. Use some fine grit sand paper if you feel comfortable doing it and then polish. I do the inside of the tips too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
for tar try using gasoline and elbow grease and it will come off. Or again steel whool might help a little as well.

5point0

Reaction score
I use turtle wax chrome polish in the little green bottle and it works great, If I come across hard rust sports I use steel wool or some scotch bright pads in a medium grade to fine.. and it works good.. Using the chrome polish seems to help it last longer..

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the pipes are stainless then you can sand out the pits and gradually worl to finer and finer grit then polish as usual.

5point0

Reaction score
A new razor blade also helps remove the rust and then u just use polish to finish it out with.. I thought factory was stainless.. mine seem to be and there factory..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online