Best Speakers?

lutter94

Reaction score
The good ol' factory speakers just arent cutting it anymore. I don't have Mach 460, so its just the 4 6x8's. What's the best brand/model? I'm thinkin around 150 for a budget for all 4.....Tell me what ya think

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Kickers!

I have them and i noticed the difference between the stock and the kickers, get a small amplifier.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I think it's like Coke & Pepsi, just whatever you prefer! I've had Kicker's, Orion's, Polk's, & I have all new Memphis Audio to go into my Mach 460. These days, I think they are all made very good! It's just what brand you like the best! I know JL subs are very good, too. Hard to find a bad one.

ram360

Reaction score
I have 2 Pioneer (4x6) in the rear and 2 Blaupunkt (4X6) in the doors. My car is a non 460 from the factory too but I added mach 460 door tweeter and they made a noticeable difference. All my components run thru a 4 channel 1000w amp. I have 1 10" 1000w jbl mounted in a stealthbox and an apline mono amp pushing that. Works well and it's plenty loud for me. I can ALMOST hear it over the exhaust....lol.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
In my younger years, high school, mine had to be as loud as I could get it. Now, I'm more about the quality of my sound! Sure I still like loud, sometimes.

My Mach 460 stuff is just fine. I'm hoping it will just sound better with Memphis.

wytstang

Reaction score
I'm going with all Oz Audio in my car. 5x7 all around with the massive Oz Audio 12'' dual 2ohm sub I picked up. Oz Audio didn't make it though this recession and there dealers unloaded there products on ebay a while ago. I have spare Oz Audio 5x7's I could sell, but I'm recovering from surgery and have no way to ship things right now. Or else I would work out a deal with ya for some high end audio. Here are there specs http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15341
If you can wait till I can drive again we can work something out. My price would be much better then the link's. These are NIB.
Be aware these speakers don't like low bass. I popped one really quick lol.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
I guess I shoulda said, I'm lookin for quality, not necessarily loudness.....Not lookin to buy a sub. Just some nice replacement speakers.....

8byah6

Reaction score
best bet hit up your local car audio shop and listen to them .i'm running polk sr front and back

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I had Polk's in my S-10. That was a nice & clean sound!! I just went with these because a longtime friend talked me into them. I had a Polk set-up waiting on me to buy it through Crutchfield! Polk's were definitely cheaper!! Oh well, done bought these.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
javi said:
Kickers!

I have them and i noticed the difference between the stock and the kickers, get a small amplifier.
yessir, and they are still probably working mint too

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
How would I run a amp exactly? Can I mount it in the trunk, run the rears off of it and run wires up to the front speakers? Or would I just get a amp for the rears? I'm sure there's a million different ways to skin a cat, but whats the best way to do this???

NERD

Reaction score
The real question is "are you keeping the 460 amps"? Since the speakers are running at 2ohm you wont be able to just put in replacements unless they are a 2ohm speaker. I like the Infinity Kapa components for the stock MAch460. If you're replacing the amps with aftermarket then a nice 4ch RF with a 1/2ch RF amp pushing your cabin speakers and a nice 10" sub would be plenty.

I can't count how many car stereos I've installed over the years. (MECP Jedi Master and all around 12v guru) I've never liked over powered systems and I'm not into competition stuff at all. I think for a normal size car, a 4 channel pushing the cabins and a single for the sub is plenty. Less with more.

And for gods sakes don't just add an amp and sub without doing anything for quality of the cabin sound.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
I don't have the 460 system, so i dont have to worry about it. I'd replace all 4 speakers. I am not adding a sub, just replacing stock or cabin speakers. And possibly adding an amp.

So I've been looking more....this is what I've found

There are Alpine MRP-F600 and Alpine MRP-F300.....they are both 4 channel amps, but the 600 has 100W x 4 as opposed to the 50W x 4, for 4 ohm

And I found a couple sets of speakers....
Pioneer Premier TS-A832P is a 3 way 6x8 and has a RMS power range of 2-40 W and peak power of 240 W
Kicker 07DS680 is a 2 way 5x7 RMS power range of 6-35 W and peak power of 70 W

ram360

Reaction score
go to crutchfield.com you can chat live w/ a tech. They are super helpful paring speakers/amps etc...They'll prob hook you up w/ everything you'd need. Sound is very subjective....what sounds good to you might not sound as good to me. Really helps to hear the stuff in person.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lutter94 said:
How would I run a amp exactly? Can I mount it in the trunk, run the rears off of it and run wires up to the front speakers? Or would I just get a amp for the rears? I'm sure there's a million different ways to skin a cat, but whats the best way to do this???

Run one amp for all 4, run new wires, and remove all the 460 junk. It's def time consuming and requires taking out a lot of stuff just to get to everything, but in the end its the best way to get everything run and whatnot. Took me about a weekend to do it, but I wasn't constantly working on ti either.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I was recently turned onto this site:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

I want a Kenwood receiver! I was looking @ Crutchfield, because that is all I knew of! This site has twice as many. I'll buy from these guys in about 2-3 months! They send all the stuff you need to hook it up. Look on this site! I saw it on the Ads by Google thing @ the top of the page! Thanks Matt, again!!

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I cant see a whole set being under 150..... I mean between the Front and Rears with an amp?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I mostly use Boston Acoustic or Focal but for "cheaper" setups i have used Polk with great results. You can find a few nice and cheap 5X7/6X8's for relatively cheap thanks to it all being made in China now.
I even heard a nice stock replacement set of Pioneer 6X8's that had some low to them. Just shop around and listen to everything. Adding a small 4 channel amp is simple.
What head unit are you using? stock? Alpine has always been my favorite for sound quality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online